Firearms Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ughhh... i sent a slide in for cerakote. Stripped it myself. I have lost the key lock detent spring.
Will pay american dollars or ammo. 50 rounds 9mm, 50 rounds .223. Etc. Make me an offer. Once again, ugghh. I know better than that.
"Key Lock Spring | Gun Parts Corp." Key Lock Spring | Gun Parts Corp.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I hate doing disassembly in a big 1gal ZipLoc bag, but it seems about the only way to avoid Carpet-Spring Syndrome. Otherwise, it's far too "catching."

Condolences. We've all been there. In fact, I'm about to fiddle with the bolt and firing pin assembly on a rifle, to replace a couple of parts; hoping I don't eject springs all over. Now, where are those ZipLoc bags ...

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Ughhh... i sent a slide in for cerakote. Stripped it myself. I have lost the key lock detent spring.
Will pay american dollars or ammo. 50 rounds 9mm, 50 rounds .223. Etc. Make me an offer. Once again, ugghh. I know better than that.
"Key Lock Spring | Gun Parts Corp." Key Lock Spring | Gun Parts Corp.
I feel you pain .
Those buggers can really fly !
I have a sock of springs of all sorts on hand & usually can make a replacement one . Then when I find the lost one it goes in a envlope labled of what it goes to .

·
Premium Member
14,628 Posts
Taurus wont send you one? You did not say what model but this outfit might have it.
Cant you just leave it out?

Reactions: Clifffalling

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Taurus wont send you one? You did not say what model but this outfit might have it.
Cant you just leave it out?
Many thanks! I could leave it out, yes. But then i have a bubba'd firearm. Taurus, if they would send it to me, would take who knows how long. I ordered the one from the site you linked, (it is a pt111 g2) , maybe I'll hit up Taurus and see if i can get a spare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts