ISO pistol grip stock for 308

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Mredowen, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Mredowen

Mredowen New Member

I crushed my right hand an lost my "trigger" finger a while ago and I am unable to shoot rifles without pistol grip stocks. I am in search of a decent 308 for hunting this fall but I need to be able to put a pistol grip stock on it. I haven't bought a 308 yet so I am open to any suggestions. I'd like to keep it under $500 but can go higher if need be.
    I have scopes I can use from my other rifles so I am looking for the rifle and stock only.

2. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

will a thumbhole stock work for you? if so, you could buy almost any Savage bolt gun then order a Boyd's thumbhole stock for it.

I know Mossberg makes the MVP flex in .308. it has an AR style adjustable stock with pistol grip

doh! just checked & MSRP is close to a grand for the mossberg

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Check out the offerings from Howa. They have several thumb hole stock offerings. Choate made a pistol grip stock for the Remington 74/740/742/7400. I have one on a .30-06 7400 and LIKE IT.

4. Mredowen

Mredowen New Member

Donthav1, i just checked and cabelas has the mossberg mvp flex for $599 in .308! Now it's time to sell something!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

If you really like the MVP I would get it. You are going to have that much in any gun after you buy a stock.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014