Is your name on here?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by jeepejeep, Jan 18, 2012.

1. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

yup. wrong addy tho. . thats scary

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'd be happy it's the wrong address. When they start confiscating guns, they can grab someone else's. Meantime, there's still room in MS.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Seeing that list makes me even more secure in the decision that I did NOT pursue a NYS pistol licencse :cool:

Just waited till' I moved to VT and bought the pistol I wanted after grocery shopping and filling the Jeep up with gas ;)

SUCK IT NY!!! :p

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Looks like a list of burglary targets too.

5. fmj

fmj New Member

CCW holders info in IN was once public domain...an anti gun paper up in South bend ( i think it was, mighta been Elkhart) statrted publishing names and addresses....The statehouse caught wind of it and a whole slew of new pro gun laws hit the books a couple months later....one was making CCW info private!!

6. deucemanbb

deucemanbb New Member

Publishing the names and addresses of licensed gun holders, is giving criminals thumbs up on where to burgle for firearms.

7. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep me too. Dad, Stepmom, wife, uncle and grandfather too. That's a scary effin' thought!

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Gee- what a great idea!

After moving to get away from the stalker on the restraining order, the lady gets pistol permit.

And her new address is conveniently published to help her stalker.

Brilliant. Just freakin' brilliant.

(note- GREEN type font is used to indicate sarcasm on most forums)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. flyingbrickracing

flyingbrickracing New Member

I think I am,but thanks to the uber efficient NY data gatherers the spelled my name wrong(The first name and MI)

10. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

thanks c3 hint taken. I stand in the shadow of your vast knowledge.

11. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

I did see some familiar name such as Hannity and Beck:D

12. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

THIS is the kind of bulls**t that needs to be stopped IMMEDIATELY. There were some d**kheads here in Nevada, mainly Clark County (city of Las Vegas) that tried to get the local newspaper, the Review-Journal, to publish the list of everyone who had a CCW (concealed carry permit). The state legislature jumped on that and stopped it in its tracks.

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Having my name and address printed in the local paper because i had a gun permit would really piss me off.

14. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That is probably the point. You might not get the permit knowing your name and address would be published.

In Florida, all of that kind of information is available if you wish to search for it; we call it "Government in the Sunshine". Everything is public record except for your Social Security number which is redacted in searches.

Our governor decided it was smart to publish the salaries of every state employee. (except his staff....) Imagine the storm that created when your found out how much less you were being paid for the bozo working beside you.

15. vincent

vincent New Member

Exactly, what good can possibly come from this? How is this legal? They publish names of people that get caught breaking the law in local papers as some sort of deterrent, is that the idea behind this? I'd be freakin' livid if I found my name there. :mad:

Dog is right, NY can suck it...(Except for our members there...)

16. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

This country has gone to the dogs...no rights to privacy...and few understand the importance of that anymore.

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Band together, buy the paper and fire everybody that had a hand in it.

18. bubbatony

bubbatony New Member

Maybe move to Pa, lol.

19. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

4 family Members on there :/ all with nearly $2,000 worth of handguns alone...not to mention long guns.

My father is listed there..my brother and I keep ALL of our guns minus 2 in his house...lets just say the tab reaches close to $15,000.....