is your beer mug boring?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by tacticalfun, Sep 18, 2012.

1. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Fear not! The opmod mug is here for you. 180$ You say? Psh. What other mug can you acog? Glock lover? Attach a giant no need for flashlight to it! 1911 lover? Yell at those damn 100 year old new fangled rails!
    When your beer needs a tactical advantage...the opmod is there! ...seriously though,jd and i would really like to own one of these and we were thinking ..maybe if alot of people purchased them we might get a group discount. Pleaseee :)

ForumRunner_20120918_173741.jpg

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Laughing!!

You look like a wet kitten. Such an epic fail and still so cute. :p

So listen, times are tight and everyone is pinching pennies, but sometimes you have to splurge a little to make getting up and going to work worthwhile.

These are ridiculously priced! Bordering on obscene really, but Tacfun and I were talking and we were thinking, well, maybe if a few folks were really interested we could contact them about an FTF edition or discount or something.

You have to admit you will NEVER lose track of your beer at the summer BBQ and it will INSTANTLY tell everyone at the party what your stance is on the black rifle and guns in general. Saves time, and boring conversational exchanges with liberals. Bonus!!

So, if you have some interest, I will contact them and see what their policies and availability is. If not, and who in their right mind would be at this price, I certainly understand and thank you for clicking the thread.

JD

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Why is it so expensive? It's basically a piece of plastic that probably costs less than a dollar to make. Just saying. :D :p

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

http://battlemug.com/

This might help explain it a bit better

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  5. texaswoodworker

Ok, it's a piece of aluminum that looks like plastic, and is way over engineered for a mug. :D :p

I understand what that makes it so expensive, but you do it like that? Wouldn't injection molded plastic be a better option for something like a mug?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  6. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

So the handle is not included?

Jeeze, just think of the laundry bills when you quaff and blind yourself with your 4 million candlepower tactilight.
    To say nothing of the Roy Orbison glasses costs when you realize (too late) that it probably wasn't a really good idea to put tha frikken laser on there. :D

Still, it is pretty cool. But since my only alchohol why the heck can't I spell that? must be the Dewars kicking in is the wee dram, I'll have to pass.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Exactly. Completely over-priced and unneccessary as the day is long. Where, exactly, is the rub here?? :cool:

8. texaswoodworker

Good point! What was I thinking? I'm going to order a box of 12 of them right now. :D

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No! Wait! The idea is a bulk purchase. :D

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

It's not like the AR mug is your only choice:

Attached Files:

11. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

And to open your beer, you need one of these.....

image-749273329.jpg

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Those, while "cute", are all common and boring and don't take TacTiCool parts.

We are talking Opulence for the sake of Opulence here!!!

What would EPIC WIN drink from? Ceramic and plastic? Or CNC machine aluminum? :D

13. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

i think it would be cheaper to buy a billet of aluminum, and have someone with access to a lathe, or better yet, a CNC to make everyone a "mil-spec" mug.............if a CNC is used, then @least it can be personalized to FTF, or individual FTF members. :D

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'm going to put one of those rail mounted knives on that mug, then stab myself in the face when I take a sip. Then sue both the knife company and the beer company.

Who here wants to bet I wont win?!!!:D

15. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

will you buy me one of those expensive MOFOs, then??? :D

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Well, since I'm about to own the company, I'll send everyone a free mug...:D

17. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

YAAAYYYYYYY.................just put a warning label on it for the dumb@sses (no offense :D)......"THESE MUGS ARE DANGEROUS, DO NOT attach lasers and/or knives to the pic rails" lmao

18. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

As your attorney, I recommend that you install the aforementioned "laser", and continue with your irresponsible, juvinile antics.
    I give you this unsolicited, and therefore, inadmissable advice with a firm conviction that, any company that currently makes bayonets will most certainly not have pockets as deep as any weapons laser manufacturer.
    Therefore, it is strongly advised that you reconsider your previous position.

Sincerely, Stewart Cheatham, Esq.

Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe

19. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Oooh, me, me! I promise I won't poke my eye out! ;)

20. markw2011

markw2011 New Member

This had to be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I WILL have one. Lol
    But seriously... It would make an amazing discussion piece. But for the price, you could almost buy yourself an Upper.