Is your back up gun ready??

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by tri70, Sep 23, 2012.

1. tri70

tri70 New Member

Is your back up gun ready to shoot?

I was thinking to myself I need to make sure all my guns are cleaned and ready for this years hunt. My son (9 yrs old) has a couple of friends, that may want to go hunt with us this year. One or two I know they were put up cleaned and oiled but I need to get them out again and run a couple patches thru the barrel. Also if something happens to your plan A gun, I will have plan B gun ready.
    We have youth deer season, coyotes are always a target and few hogs in our known hunting area.

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Always............

3. davemccarthy707

davemccarthy707 New Member

My back up gun is a Maltby No4 Mk1 in full dress ;)

4. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

My backup to my backup is ready.

5. cottontop

cottontop Guest

All of my guns are always ready. There is no backup.
    cottontop

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Just got done cleaning out the firing pin channel and polishing the pin and other parts of my Mossberg 30-30. It was all gummed up and kept going click instead of bang. Works great now. That is my 4th choice for this season. A little small for elk. But at close range it will do.

7. tri70

tri70 New Member

I always have to clean my dad's shotgun, he never does except a wipe down. When we go pheasant hunting he is like, 'my gun not feeding right'. I go over and get my cleaning kit and go to work.;)

8. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

My hunting guns stay busy all the time. Yes, they are ready to go

9. WhelanLad

WhelanLad New Member

unfortunatley my back up rifles are always ready...
    because its basically a lucky dip between my Whelen an WSM as which to take, an the 270s just deadly n always ready ;)