Is Yellowstone going to erupt?...

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Mosin, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

2. towboater

towboater Active Member

I hope they are wrong. It would be a big change.

3. deg

deg Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Probably a feed truck out there somewhere

4. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

If the rest of all the critters were running off, especially the birds, then I might be a bit concerned. Think Yellowstone has many more years (1000 years to 2000 years) of simmering before it blows.

5. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Bring it on, the Hemisphere needs a reboot. :p

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Yellowstone is definitely going to blow but no one knows when or how big. The video shows bison running down a road but it does not show where they are running to. I have seen bison on the road in Yellowstone and it was no big deal. When it does blow the damage and destruction will a lot more extensive than most people think. It will affect the whole world. Animals do sense when something is about to happen. I lived in Eastern Washington at the time ST Helen blew. I had animals that were acting weird and would not come out of their shed until it blew. I heard the sound from over 200 miles away. I still have a picture of the ash cloud that went over my house. Comparing St Helen to Yellowstone is like comparing a hand grenade to a nuclear bomb. That alone is a good reason to have a good stock of food on hand.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

yep, it's going to blow one day.

8. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I experienced that once over something minor but it was so eerie. I stepped outside, beautiful day, and not a sound... My instincts kicked in, and I could sense something was...off... like a small feeling of the hairs on the back of my neck.... I didm;t move, trying to pinpoint it, when I realized that not one bird was chirping, which is such a common sound in my yard.... Then I noticed 3 alligators had taken up residence in my lake...All the birds knew something was up and they left....
    It's just so eerie to have a mass animal exodus, you can't help but be creeped out by it...

Now this was filmed a few days ago, and with the recent earthquakes in Chile and California....something could be a brewin....

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The elk and buffalo were running because a guy said: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.":p

10. goldngun

goldngun New Member

Yes. Matter of time. Maybe tomorrow...or maybe in 750 years...)

11. Axxe55

whether it blows or it doesn't blow is pretty much irrelevent. not much anyone can do to stop it from blowing when it decides to.

12. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Libs will blame it on Bush!!!

13. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Direction of travel of those animals cannot be confirmed. Nuff said.

14. Axxe55

only God knows when it will, or if it will erupt one day. everything else is simply speculation and guessing.

15. BigB

BigB New Member

^^^This^^^ My opinion only, but I think it will after a very specific 7 year period of time! At that precise moment the shtf and terror like never seen or experienced comes to fruition! I most certainly could be wrong, but again only my opinion.

16. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Yes it will. It is not a question of IF, but WHEN. It has done so every 640,000 years or so and is currently over due. One of the problems is that the center of mass of the lava pool keeps shifting because the North American Plate keeps shifting. While a 4.8 earthquake is not a big one anything 6.5 or larger could set it off if it opens a large enough fisher. It is in someways tied into the Volcanoes of the North West and if one of those goes off, it could relieve some of the pressure and abate the Yellow Stone pressure zone.

No one can tell if it will be a partial eruption or a mass eruption at this time, but it will be a spectacular fireworks show WHEN it happens.

Happy Vacationing at Yellow Stone, just bring asbestos underwear with (LOL).

Jim

17. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Yup, Bison Burgers for all, she's gonna blow and it will be something to behold (From my vantage point a couple thousand miles away). I would rather be west of it than east but glad were at least way north. Paradise is more often than not worthy of a vacation but not a place to live, too many possible Oh Crap moments living near places describes as unmeasurable and powerful natural beauty! Anyplace that spews boiling acid water 100' in the air regularly probably isnt a great place to raise kids! Volcano equals danger just like sink holes that swallow towns, giant rivers or toilet-bowl towns (New Orleans)!

Ya Gotta be picky when your picking a homeland, The only thing I have to worry about where I live is Big Snow, Big Government and big Taxes, none of which has been proven to kill nearly as quickly as building your home on a giant pile of mud, blowholes filled with liquid rock or beach front property that is one wave from becoming the deep blue sea!

Better yet, those who make the unfortunate choice to live beside a giant pile of fused and lit of Dynamite will be seeking the rest of the nations mercy and benevolence to try to save them from their own choices after the game of Russian roulette produces dead and dying citizens.

I do think we will start seeing a population shift based on these elephants in the room.

18. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

In a major eruption the fallout from the ash clouds will be devastating to anything east of the volcano. Kill zone could be up to a 500 mile radius. The fine suspended ash will be devastating to the whole world and could trigger a mini ice age. When Krakatoa blew it was the year without summer. Crops all over the world failed. Yellowstone has the potential to be bigger than Krakatoa.:eek:

19. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

Yes it is!

Don't ask me when though. I lost my crystal ball. :)