is time for a new political party?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by prof-milton-fireballs, Mar 13, 2011.

1. prof-milton-fireballs

prof-milton-fireballs New Member

Does anyone feel that the political organizations now representing gun lovers are doing a good job?

Do you feel as if you are fighting a losing battle?

Would another organization supporting gun ownership be welcomed? Would it be possible to join forces with other personal freedom groups? Gun rights is not the only personal freedom.

Other personal freedoms the government likes to invade our privacy about include drug taking. (I don't care what you take as long as you don't endanger me.)

Sexual activity: anyone can do anything they want with a consenting adult, as long as they don't bother me.

All these activities give the government the excuse to invade our privacy and legally violate the 4th amendment.

Internet privacy, which governments all over the world are making it harder and harder to get.

Internet censorship-- (like being able to get the working drawings of the WWII British pencil gun online). Which, of course the liberals don't want us to have.

Access to books like those at Delta Press, Paladin, Loompanics...(those that are still around)

If not a new political party, then a new organization to fight for personal freedoms.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

I don't think we need another political party, and I don't think another 2A advocacy group is needed. I think the still fledgling Tea Party will do well representing my/our conservative opinions. As far as 2A advocacy, what we need is for ALL gun owners to join the NRA, GOA and as many others as possible, and make our voices heard! I have seen numbers saying that there are over 80 million gun owners in the US, if ALL of them/us stood up and spoke up, our congress critters would probably not be so quick to discount our votes!!

We will always have to work to keep our freedoms, our rights are worth fighting for. Please keep in mind that when I say 2A advocacy, I really mean all of our rights, but 2A is the one that the libs feel they can just take away for whatever asinine reason they can convince themselves is good enough. The Second is the right that lets us keep the rest of them. Checks and Balances..

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Efforts are currently divided among three or four major gun advocacy groups as it is, more would just muddy the waters.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

A third party will split the vote and allow the Statists to win. Remember Ross Perot?

Support the Tea Party. If we can hold the Republicans feet to the fire, we can defeat the Demofascist party's takeover. We can also boot out the RINO's.

None of them can be trusted, Dem or Repub unless we put the right people in. Then, if we can get enough numbers, we can force the policies that we want and know are right.

A third party will split the vote and allow the Statists to win.

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

1st. Ross Perot was right. It was too bad he diid not follow through as he could have won. Just think, No NAFTA.
    2nd. The current 2 major political parties dont represent the people. They represent their own interests. An honest politician is one that stays bought. There are several minor political parties out there but none are yet viable enough to really challenge the major parties. The Tea Party has made some inroads, but is it sustainable? If they can keep up the momentum and do a clean break from the Republican Party, they could field some candidates under their own banner.

6. bkt

bkt New Member

Parties aren't the problem.

A lack of principled individuals IN the parties is the problem.

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

IMHO, both "QFT!" :cool:

8. Cnynrat

Cnynrat New Member

^^^^
    THIS!

The Libertarian party will do for me if the Republicans loose their direction.

9. CA357

There's the rub. The Libertarian Party is too small to do anything other than split the vote.

I have a hybrid Libertarian/Conservative/Constitutionalist viewpoint. However, the Libertarian platform contains too many things that I disagree with. The first that comes to mind is open borders. As a Christian, I also cannot support same sex marriage.

Hold the Republicans feet to the fire. We essentially have to completely replace any sitting Reps with our Tea Party people.

I can't realistically see any Third Party making inroads at this time or in the near future. Unless the SHTF or there's a Civil War, I don't see any radical change from what is essentially a two party system.

It's a wonderful thing to have principles, but to hold to those principles and ultimately create more problems is not just foolhardy, it could result in a loss of more freedom for the Country.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  10. k2000k

k2000k New Member

Third parties traditionally haven't been viable in the United States, we have always had a two party system, the Republicans filled the breach left by the fracturing Whig party prior to the civil war. Political parties in the US seem to be far more looser collectives than in Europe, based off of my admittedly biased and largely uninformed observation, where they seem to be more ideologically set but force them to form coalitions with other parties to form any governing faction. For example I consider myself a republican, of the libertarian strain, for example, I do not care if gays get married, and I can tell you I have family members, also republicans, that feel very differently. I hope the tea party can change things, though honestly I wouldn't hold my breath, more often than not movements are co-opted and then left behind. We already see this with certain political individuals in our country, some of whom are very prominent and popular amongst conservatives, who voiced support for policies that were fiscally irresponsible and totally against the concepts of liberty, and now try to position themselves as the movers and shakers of the group. I think in the next few years one of two things will happen, a) the republicans have actually seen the light and will actually nominate someone for POTUS who has been addressing the most fundamental issues in this country, or b) they will cop out and elect someone who really isn't that much different than the POTUS we have now, save perhaps possessing certain conservative values. If b) happens things will get ugly and they will get ugly fast.

11. prof-milton-fireballs

Seems to be consensus so far that a new party is not what is needed.

there are other forms of political action groups that can be effective, like groups that just file lawsuits on test cases to get certain laws knocked down as unconstitutional. The NAACP was very effective using lawsuits in getting blacks the right to vote when racists tried to keep it from them.

Additional note: some of you may think the 2nd Amendment gives you a right. But as soon as the government began requiring registration of gun ownership and began picking and choosing who would be allowed to own a gun, the 2A became a privilege, not a right.

A right is something you have and don't have to ask for. You only have it if you are willing to defend it.

One person said they oppose same-sex marriage, but if they are on this forum they want the freedom to own guns. As long as someone does not bother me I don't care if he marries his dog. If we deny personal freedom to others, they will not stand with us to support our demand for gun ownership.

12. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

There ya have it. :cool:

*Thumbs Up*

13. Colossal Urprising

Colossal Urprising New Member

I do care about sexual activity.....more importantly, if we have a no holds barred approach to sex, then we have a society that is even more reprobate than it is now.

I care about drugs - more importantly the criminal activity that proceeds from a life of addiction.

I think your viewpoint is pretty extremist. Extremist views are a drain on both parties.

14. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

It wouldn’t matter what was done or how many new parties could be put into place. They would all fall in line with the current system in order to prolong and build their own career and desire for more power in that system. Above all else, it would require a change in national mindset by the people and those representing them.
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Just my two cents

15. CA357

We threw some bums out last November, but unfortunately, all we did was throw mostly new bums in. Short of a Citizens revolt, I don't know if it will ever change.

Speaker Boehner and the more established Republicans are turning out to be lightweights rather than true conservatives. What really galls me is that he and his are calling out the Tea Party and true conservatives.

I am over my head when it comes to the duplicity of politicians, my naivete has become embarassing. I am rapidly passing the point of debate and getting ready for pitchforks and torches. This cannot stand.

16. easterner123

easterner123 New Member

Well, I don't know what category my view is but here it is:

Everyone has to deal with the same laws, taxes, and inconveniences, whether it be muslims, jews, christians, atheists, what have you, we ALL pay taxes, its the first guarantee of life.

If we take one amendment from the Bill of Rights, the whole thing is folly. My view of patriotism is very different than liberals, but I don't care, because unsung sacrifice is what its all about in my mind, serve your country, then yourself. If you do or have, I thank you.

A pertinent point has been brought up, the system has been around too long. Parties besides the Republicans and Democrats have no real power. Now, I like money as much as the next guy, but there is a point where principle must step in and say "These people need (or don't need) this money." Too many backroom deals. But again, banning lobbyists violates all the other principles so we're back to square one.

I hope I am long dead the day I need to fight a revolution (if won) or a civil war (if lost) in America. Global affairs as they are, our politicians will destroy us long before a foreign foe ever gets the chance. We will go the way of Rome, a true defeat as opposed to a more British decline into a comfortable and sustainable place in world affairs.

For the record, British law is terrible, you can't buy a fork unless your eighteen :eek: someone find even one stabbing report with a fork and I will be thoroughly impressed with your research skills.

17. prof-milton-fireballs

Most people in prison are there for property crime, i.e., theft, burglary. (I am assuming that robbery is classed as a violent crime, although it is also property crime.)

And most property crime is committed by drug addicts trying to feed their habits. They are not there because of taking drugs.

The answer is obvious: just give them the F'ing drugs! No more taxes to pay for DA's, judges, police processing the majority of people committing crimes. Police services are the lion's share of my home town's budget, maybe your's too. That can be cut by 50-60% just on the local level by just giving addicts their f'ing drugs.

A heroin, morphine, or opium addict really just wants to sit and look at his shoe for 10 hours straight. As long as he does not bother people, let him commit suicide if he wants. He does not commit crimes while on the drug. If a person commits an offense against another person, that is what we should stop. If we criminalize drug taking, then we are empowering and paying a huge government bureaucracy to process an artificial crime.

18. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I disagree with the common consensus. The Republican and Democrat party are basically the same in that they are out for themselves and keeping things the same.

For instance, the Democrats were on the ropes for their failures over the past 4 years and many were given their walking papers. This should have been a slam dunk for the Republicans. Hammer home the debt and deficit to start and don't let up until that is settled. But lo and behold, they have backed off of that and are talking about defunding the NPR. Defunding the NPR, REALLY!!! I think it should be defunded but talk about taking your eye off the ball.

I for one am for a third party. The bull about it taking away from the Republicans and wasting a vote is nonsense as they are as bad as the Democrats. We need a prinicpled party that makes their members sign up for a code they will govern by and if they veer from that they should be barred from the party.

The people are getting restless and expect our leaders to take care of our country like they take care of themselves.

19. orangello

orangello New Member

Another party? Those goofballs barely get anything done as it is; they don't need more excuses to goof off. I vote we streamline the democratical process by making the legislature a more 8-5, no frills, no special events kind of job. Take your arse to work & pass some decent law or GTHO, no more partyin' and chasin the whores!

20. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

I personally would prefer to BAN all political parties! Make all asperants to political office have to run solely on their merit and their record! Start on the local level, no more rich actors or business millionaires buying into power!
    Some positions could be treated like Jury Duty - you are 'selected' from a pool, and serve your year in office while retaining your 'day job'. When your year of duty is over, you go home to your real job.
    Also, get rid of all Special Interest Groups, no more 'enfluencing' the political process behind the scenes!
    Tighten up the definitionof Federal Powers, and exactly what the Government can do. All but avery small set of duties should be done by the States.

But this is too logical........