Is This Slide Movement Normal? M&P9C

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Fred_G, May 5, 2014.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Been carrying my Shield for a while, had not done much dry work with my M&P 9C for a while. I noticed when I dry fire it, the slide shifts to the left and slightly clockwise when it fires. It rattles if you shake it. Normal?

It has a few thousand rounds through it, but not an extremely high round count. Problem, or just a broke in pistol?

It moves enough you can see it in the sights, I hold the gun steady, and the slide moves...

I emailed S&W, but always like to tap into more knowledge here on the forums than I have.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Looks like S&W is taking this one back for evaluation.

3. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Yeah I didn't see your post till a little while ago I have the M&P 9c I'm glad it looks like they're going to take care of it for you

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Just hope I can hold down the fort with my 1911 while the high cap 9mm is at the shop. :D

The tritium stuff fell out of the sights, painted those, gonna ask if they can do anything for the trigger reset instead of replacing the sights.

5. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Remember, in the words of Colion Noir, "9mm only kills the body... .45 kills the soul" :p

6. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Smith and Wesson guns are mehh so so but their customer service is hands down one of the top in the industry!

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Active Member

Let's just say I have other options than 9mm. :D I like that video.