Is This Really What Happened?

Discussion in 'History' started by TheSadPanda, Jan 23, 2013.

1. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/werthmann.asp

Its a long read, but it tells a historical story i had never heard. I always assumed Austria was taken by force. Can anybody verify the historical accuracy of this, and possibly expand on it some more? I think this is fascinating. I am NOT interested in trying to draw connections between then and now

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

The individual segments of that piece are true. Whether there is or was a real "kitty wertham" dunno. The basics facts of how and what occured is true. They did vote hitler into power hitler took guns. The russians raped the crap out of the german women. Schools did have to recite the mantra to hitler in place of daily prayer etc.

Pretty much sums up where our country is headed.

3. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

This person is apparently real. But i am far more interested in the history than the person or the politics.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

BTW, one of the attractions of Hitler for the Austrians? "He's one of US!"

Hitler was not German by birth. Born in Austria.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

When Hitler started with the Nationalist party, he did a lot of good for Germany.

Unemployment went down through different programs. The "good" of the people went up.

We even had Nazis here in the US who supported him and his party.

6. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Wow, i cant believe this is how that happened. My life is a lie. Picture is my head after learning of this

image-3057198800.jpg

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

There is a reason that a lot of us cringe in horror when a democrat or republican is "doing things for the children".

Hitler murdered several million jews "for the children"

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have never seen a politician on the national stage that could make me believe he was doing anything for children. Children might have benefited along the way but the only thing the politician was doing was creating another contract to stuff his pockets.

Some local politicians can make me believe because they have easily could have profited from the deal but they chose to stand fast. People who do the right thing don't last long in politics.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  9. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Just this little amount of information has really answered a lot of questions i had. I didnt realize how much infrastructure Hitler has set up.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

In my experience, people who genuinely care about children, get a job or volunteer their lives...to children. Not politics.

11. TLuker

TLuker New Member

That sounds about right, but parts of it need to be put into context. Some of that happened at the end of an all out war. The food stamps were the result of rationing and not necessarily because the nazis were control freaks (which they were). Some foods were rationed for Americans as well and you would need stamps for things like sugar. And you wouldn't want the FBI looking into your actions during that same time. Again it was an all out war. And Germany had a fascist economy, which is a totalitarian government with a capitalistic economy (just like China today).

Hitler was voted into power in Germany and Austria. Their economies had collapsed as a result of hyper inflation. And Hitler did a lot of good things for the people, at first. He provided stability and built the world's first interstate, the autobahn. He also had cars built for the masses in Germany, the Volkswagon or Family car. Unfortunately for the world he was as crazy as he was smart. :mad:

12. capto56

capto56 New Member

I've read that article before and it surprised me as well. I posted the link on fb and didn't get much of a response. Apparently people are only interested in things they can read in under 10 seconds now a days.

Anyways, I'd suggest spreading this information to others. Like you've said, not for the comparison, but for the reality of what actually happened.

13. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If you are a reader, check out Ken Follet's Fall of Giants and Winter of the World for a good historical fiction account of the first half of the 20th century.

14. capto56

capto56 New Member

Just downloaded the sample of fall of giants. The reviews made is seen promising.

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Austria was Hitlers first conquest and it was not taken by force. Hitler wiped out the Austrian banks and economy then just walked in as their savior. This is another parallel to our current administration. Our economy and banking system is on the brink of collapse and guess what happens then. Riots, civil disobedience, martial law, suspension of the Constitution, confiscation of firearms, incarceration without trial or charges etc. Learn from history or have it repeated.

16. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

17. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

Fiction?! :(

18. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

The characters are fictional, the events described are representative of what happened.

19. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Nazis National Health Care program was breaking the country. Hitlers government started the first anti smoking campaigns in the world.
    Wards filled with children who were warehoused due to mental and physical problems were the first to go. It was decided anyone who can not support the state is a burden. It became a "Final Solution" for any group the party did not like.:(
    The fear of revolt brought about the Nazi gun control. The Nazi gun control worked so well it was adopted by the American Democratic party in the 1968 gun bans.
    Obama has introduced a failure health care program Field Marshall Fienstien has introduced the gun control.:eek:

20. JoshH

JoshH New Member

Damn Panda, the parallels in that story to today's events are scary. Funny part is young Americans have no clue about the past and can't see the writing on the wall:( get in the train car sir, your in need of re-education.....