Is this normal

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by lbwar15, Jul 20, 2012.

1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Shooting my xd45 is this normal?

Attached Files:

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's hard to see what you're trying to show. Is it a dent from impacting the slide during ejection? If so, no big deal.

3. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

One side of the casing is block and Bradley burned. I was using wwb all 100 rounds look like this.

Attached Files:

4. steve4102

steve4102 New Member

Normal for some powders.

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

It's a sign of mild ammo. If pressure were higher the case would seal better and prevent the scorch marks. WWB is not exactly hot. If it's accurate and reliable, it's nothing to worry about.

6. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

WWB, like most cheaper ammos, uses cheaper/dirty powder. That is normal with dirty powder. If you reload and use Unique all your cases will look that way. Nothing to be worried about.

7. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Ok thanks. I ment hot as in the casing getting to hot temp wise.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've wondered this too. I blamed the ammo. I switched to a different brand for target practice (it was just the cheapest at that particular store) and the same thing happened with my 1911. I just figured since it never happened before, and it was uniform, it must be the ammo.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Of course the casing gets hot- you just had a fire/explosion inside of it- the heat is what causes the rapid expansion of gasses. Wait until you get a hot casing drop down the neck of your T shirt (Well, looky there- he CAN dance!)

A mild powder charge may not fully an immediately seal the brass case against the walls of the chamber (as was already said up there). Some of the carbon from the powder burning is pushed between the casing and the chamber wall, leaving little sooty marks on the case. Normal.

10. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

That is what it looks like to me also.

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Are you referring to your lack of pants? The WWB ammo in .45 is certainly strong enough to blow your pants right off.

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Forget the pants ... he's got 2 different legs! :eek: No, definitely NOT normal :eek:

:p

13. Nickwashere

Nickwashere New Member

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.. I worry with the way my mind works.you should probably worry as well :)