is this glock 33 a good buy

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by chevyforlife1972nova, Sep 4, 2011.

1. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

I have been looking locally for glocks and other firearms to add to my collection just got a email from a guy who wants to sell me a glock 33 for 300 bucks I fee like thats a great buy but if its a gen 2 should I send it back to be refurbished ? I am seting up a time to take a look at it

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Nova,

You better jump all over that at $300.00. I would personally have the older models than the new generation pistols. The Glock Armorers are saying they would also. They are not the same pistol since Gaston Glock sold the pistol company.
    I know a lot of people are not aware of that fact!
    But Gaston would not let them use the Original Frame, Recoil Guid Rod Spring and the original Tenifer finish underneath the outer coating.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011

3. chevyforlife1972nova

when did the company change hands?

4. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Gaston Glock didn't sell the incorporation.

Gaston Glock designed the generation 4, along with the 3rd generation models. The only difference in the generation 4 model is that of a newer texture of the Gen 4 which is made up of polymids in which Glock calls them. Multiple back-straps, and a new recoil system aside from the newer magazine release.

The matte finish is a great new add to the new generation. It is much easier to grip but it can be scratched much easier than the older models.

Zoey,

5. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

I agree. I hope you have said 300.00 G3 by now

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I believe Gaston Glock isn't as actively involved in the company as he was in the past. Everybody's gotta retire some day! I certainly have. :p

There have been reliability issues with the 9mm Gen 4s and even recent Gen 3 guns but I think that's quickly being resolved with new recoil spring assemblies. My 23Gen4 hasn't been a problem but not many problems have been reported in the 40S&W Gen 4s.

Anyway, $300 for a Gen 2 is a great deal! I've been very pleased with my police trade in 22 Gen 2.

7. chevyforlife1972nova

hope to pick it up nest weekend!

if I dont spend my all my money at the Harrisburg show first lol which always has the hard to find stuff. he is including 100 rounds of ammo 2 hostlers 3 mags factory box and paper work