Is this computer seizure OK with you? or legal?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by orangello, Sep 10, 2013.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/details-feds-laptops-border-010114959.html

I realize this dude was close to a really unusual case, but this doesn't seem legal or good to me. It seems like thuggery.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You have nothing to fear as long as you have nothing to hide. :mad:

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Sadly a whole lot of people think that is a proper way of thinking.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Doesn't work with bears. If you are facing a bear, you have a bear to fear. If you kill the bear, you probably have a bear corpse to hide.

5. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

Our glorious leaders have forgotten this tidbit of logic. I believe that a civil war is brewing here in the good ol' US of A.

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

What has changed? Friends of Benedict Arnold were called to task when he left his command to join the British Army. They had their homes searched and much worse. This man was complicit in a traitorous crime our very stupid. The computer issue here is only a legal ploy.:confused:

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I didn't see anything to indicate the guy was a co-conspirator or anything of that level.

from the article:
    He met Manning one time before Manning was arrested. Doesn't sound much different from any other politically active twenty-something to me. I wonder how many people said to themselves "Koresh, was that the name of that weird preacher guy I gave money to at that airport?" and were later saddened by how his siege was ended/handled.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  8. JWagner

JWagner New Member

9. orangello

orangello New Member

That is fairly spooky as I sit here calculating the distance to the beach.

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Well said.

Yep, i remember when the so called Patriot Act was being considered by the US congress. Our yellow bellied draft dodging congress criminal insinuated that veterans who refused to support passage of the "Patriot Act" were not "patriots".

The "Dep't of Homeland Security" is a catchy term for a conglomeration of political appointees and career bureaucrats charged with trashing our Constitutional rignts.

11. orangello

orangello New Member

I think I just might be within 100 miles of the coast or right on the edge; darn, no 4th amendment for me.

Hence the nickname "homos" for their agents. (no offense intended toward anybody of the similarly named alternative preference)

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

THAT is such a catchy phrase! Who said that

first, was it Thomas Jefferson? Maybe Ben Franklin?

James Madison?

OH, that's right, it was Josef Stalin...

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Most people that volunteered to serve our country feel that the US constitution is one of the most important documents in history. Most veterans have a desire to preserve the constitution as it was written. How can anyone who took an oath to uphold the constitution support an unconstitutional law that doesn't work?

14. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Ask the plethora of congress critters that had served in some capacity or another and used that as a way to wrap themselves in the flag they want use to wipe their asses with,.:mad:

Rights and the documents explaining them mean nothing to an asshat that strives for power.