Is this all legal stuff?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Dec 22, 2011.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I still haven't bought anything for my Secret Santa recipient yet. (Sorry) Money has been tighter than I expected. But while searching for something for my 'person', I came across this website. It seems like some of these things might be illegal to own. What do you think?

Knives, Swords and Martial Arts Equipment from Extremely Sharp

2. fmj

fmj New Member

All look perfectly legal to me...that south bend pisces reel might be questionable in some states. ;):rolleyes:

3. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

A lot of those are illegal in Texas, notably the butterfly and throwing knives.

4. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Its mall ninja supply dot com

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As the folks said- depends on where you are.

In VA, get caught with the lock picks, you better have a locksmith license, or you are going for felony possession of burglarious tools. Shurikens (throwing stars) are illegal here. I recall butterfly knives being a felony in Vegas.

I have an Othello Red Dot thrower from Solingen Germany (birthday present one year) that is illegal as all get out in some states- double edged blade.

6. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Looks fine by me. You need my mailing address for shipping?

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

In Texas, mere possession of most questionable items in the privacy of ones own home is perfectly legal. Possessing many such items in public can bring penalties. Throwing kives for instance, here in Austin, the world knife throwing championships was held a few weks back. My boss was the judge. I can assure you he would not have been involved in illegal activity.

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Depends on where you live. Most of the laws restricting blades are intended to give law enforcement more tools to bring more charges against lawbreakers. The lesson is don't get caught committing a crime with a questionable blade that would increase the charges against you.