Is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by gunlover247, Jun 7, 2013.

1. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

Would someone trade me a taurus 651 protector 357 for a Rossi 22/410, if not what about a Ruger lcp 380 for my 22/410, even if not that what pistol would be a good trade ( can't be below a 380)

2. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

I will probably throw in a couple packs of 22 ammo with it

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

What size packs of .22? The Rossi is about $150 and if the ammo is bulk packs maybe $200. Anyway you go you're coming out ahead.

4. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

depends on..

How much .22 Ammo? I can trade you a Colt King Cobra 3" .357,..but your gonna need a lot of .22 ammo for me to made the deal....;)

5. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

I have a pack that has a little over 500 rounds in it

6. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

And is the colt in good condition?

7. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

Figuring the cobra is worth at least 1500 bucks....
    Let see 22lr is about .05 cents a round.. So you would nee another 29,500 rounds to even come close.. Lol

8. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

The ammo for 22 is now actually going for 0.50 cents per round, I don't know what state you are in but you have it lucky if you can even find ammo, I haven't found any since a year ago

9. 308Wins

308Wins New Member

I always grab a bunch at a gun show, and the range I shoot my .22 at sells .22lr, about 11 cents a round. No shortage of it in SWFL

10. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

Here in colorado they are very hard to find right now, I have been to all walmarts and Big R's from Trinidad to Denver and haven't found one load for sale

11. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

If u actually pay .50 cents a round for 22LR you are just plain stupid I would rather use my 10/22 as a paper weight at that point... I've consistantly seen 22lr at my local dicks on Long Island NY for 23.99 for 500 rds as long as you go early on Mondays or Fridays.. Personally I have over 6k rds of 22lr from back when a 525 brick of blazers was only 13.99 shipped..

Didn't mean to side track the OP.. Just making my point..

12. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

I can't buy them, the price tag says .50 but there is none there

13. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

And on the Rossi website the same 22lr/410 combo is $233

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

The Colt King Cobra is in very good(but not Excellent) condition. There is some minor wear showing where Holster marks would be from a concealed IWB holster. It was a Rare Build, only in Colt's catalog for about 6 years, replaced by the Python's that were produced shorter in length. This is not to be Mistaken for Colt's "Cobra" which was a light weight version of the Det. Sp. which Colt Produced for about 14 or 15 years.

Some background:
    My Dad,& My Uncle(his brother in-law, they were close as friends long before my Dad & Mom got married) were both Gun Geeks, and Cops. My dad Was a US Postal Police Officer, Postal Inspector, and then Supervisor for a total of 36 years, almost fully concurrent with 37+ years In the US Army, With active duty in Korea & Vietnam, staring out in Artillery During The Korean, and Then As an MP then CID In Nam. My Uncle Was an NYPD Detective, and spent 24 years In the PD all total, Plus 8 Yrs. Before that With US Army Intelligence. As an NYPD Det. he was one of the cops who investigated and Locked up David Berkowitz(the Son Of Sam Killer). He also owned a very busy Guns & Sporting goods & LE supply Biz, First on Arthur Av. In the Bronx's little Italy, and then In Yonkers near Yonkers Raceway, which I grew up spending Saturday's and Summers at "helping out." The Cobra was My Dad's on-Duty BUG(he carried a Det. Sp. Off Duty, and a Ruger Security Six W/5" custom Mag-Na-Ported Bull Barrel, Until his Job Went to Autoloaders in the late 70's, when he started carrying the Ruger P-85. I do know he only took two Guns with Him as a Criminal investigator for the Army to Vietnam: His then Issue 1911-A1, and the King Cobra.

It has Less then 1K total Rounds through it, and some very good custom work including: a Jeweled Stainless Trigger, Rounded Hammer, rear sight removed and a "channel" replacing it, with an Orange Neon Notch front sight(I believe made by Brownell's).

I have not fired the Cobra since I re-acquired the rest of my collection(Shipped from my cousin's Basement by certified Registered transport(NY) to me here in AZ.) several months ago. My cousin did not shoot the Gun, and it was in "Long Term" storage mode.
    I have since cleaned it, and will take it back out and Photograph it later today or tomorrow. It was Appraised(before I left NY) at $1300.00 By John Jovino & Sons of NYC in 2008. So why do I want to sell it? I have many good memories of both My Dad & all of my Uncles, But I need to part with several of these "era" guns so I can buy more current stuff for DW& I to shoot and Improve on.

I am Keeping his Det. Sp., The Python, The Smith 39/439, the Browning HP, and 3 of the 4 1911's, all guns he gave me or I inherited when they both Passed away(exactly 1 year to the day apart in 1987 & 1988.) They were also the same age, My uncle being 3 weeks older....
    I am also selling off the Presentation 1986-75th Annv. Colt 1911, the 1973 100th Annv. Colt SAA, The 1892 Krag-Jorgensen .30-40 Bolt act. & the Orig. 1903 Strait Stock Marine Marksman Edition Springfield..
    Just making room in the safes...

Got your PM OP, so i'll send you the pics directly and then we can talk.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Ya'll know there are telephones 'n PM's & email 'n such right? :confused:

16. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Check Armslist. Used prices are right around $150. New ones around $200. $233 is just the MSRP, not true retail. Rossi is still making those. The King Cobra he's talking about is no longer made.

17. 95sniper

95sniper New Member

I would not get rid of any of those, I'm jealous...

18. gunlover247

gunlover247 New Member

So how much 22 ammo will you be needing to make a deal