Is there any service that i can mail in a Parkerized Trigger,Hammer&Strut

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by CAMCHAMPION1988, Dec 16, 2011.

1. CAMCHAMPION1988

CAMCHAMPION1988 New Member

Hi i have a 1911 (Parkerized Trigger,Hammer and Hammer Strut) That i was trying to remove the parker but i did ****ty. However I was Successful at removing the parker finish from the Barrel it is beautiful and it seams like the slide functions more smoothly now.

I tried polishing off the parker finish on the Trigger,Hammer and Hammer Strut it didn't seem to come off at all. So then i got some very coarse all the way to very very fine sand paper to sand off the finish and i got so far i even tried aircraft paint stripper DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT THIS STUFF I USED TO REMOVE PAINT OFF SOME WHEELS A FEW YEARS BACK. But anyways i gave up on sanding and polishing it looks very crappy and it seems like the remainder will not come off.
    So i was wondering since there is no machine shops near me at all i researched online and yellow pages. I was wondering if there was any type of service where i could mail in the (parker Trigger,Hammer and Hammer Strut) and have the parker finish removed and polish the parts to a mirror shine?????

I know there are refinishing service like to get glock parts refinished in chrome and such so there has to be. This is my ''Do What Ever I Want To Project Gun''

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Do you think it may be more efficient to buy new ones?

I don't know of a mail in service myself.

3. CAMCHAMPION1988

More Expensive to buy new ones

I already did my research and i cannot find any Stainless Steel Trigger, hammers with Struts the Oldschool Widespur is what i am looking for not that skeletonized crap. I also have searched online all over for a Solid Stainless Steel Trigger not the Skeletonized Crap.

Yes i have thought and searched online for but there seems to be no maker of these parts in the style and finish i am seeking. So i guess i will just have to get the parker finish removed and have the carbon steel polished to a mirror shine instead.

4. mtbfarms

mtbfarms New Member

Freedom Gunworks or Plate-tecular.

5. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

I'm a little confused here. AFAIK, you can NOT parkerize stainless steel.
    So if you get the parkerizing polished off, you will have shiny carbon
    steel parts.

But you say that what you want is stainless steel parts????:confused:

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Polished carbon will have the same appearance as stainless right? I think the OP touched on that in his last post.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Cylinder and slide makes what your looking for as well.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Check out Brownells...

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Brownells

Stainless steel wide spur hammer item#555-103-122DH

Cylinder and slide solid aluminum match trigger

Item# 206-000-024DH "short"
    Item# 206-000-025DH "medium"
    Item# 206-000-026DH "long"

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  10. CAMCHAMPION1988

Let me make this understandable i couldn't find any solid stainless steel triggers, Widespur Solid Hammers and Hammer Struts. But i wouldn't mind taking the current parts and getting them mailed off to some service where the parker finish can be removed and polished to a shiny beautiful. I already did this to the Barrel by just taking a sock and Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish to the barrel for about 45 minutes. It came out EXCELLENT. I have tried Polishing and Polishing the other parts i mentioned and not a bit of parker came off then i tried aircraft paint remover and that had no affect either. It wasn't until i took very coarse to very fine sandpaper is the only thing that took off some of the parker finish. but only some i am at the point where i can't get certain little nooks and crannies. So i need to send it off to a service unless i find some Beautiful Stainless Parts i mentioned.

yes brownells was sold out i even called to verify out of stock status.

11. CAMCHAMPION1988

Thanks JonM Slide and Cylinder does have what i am looking for thanks. But damm that hammer is $83 but i have not decided if i will just buy the parts i think i will. Thanks Again.

12. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

I have a Taurus pt 1911 that I polished the trigger hammer and slide release. I used a sanding stone 320 grit then I used some 400 polish compound then an arkansas soft stone then a ceramic stone and some mag polish and a dremel tool. A sharpening stone will work to get the finish off ad then polish till desired shine.

play the victim, be the victim

13. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Post a pic of your parts u want the Parker removed off of please. I want to see what u are dealing with if you don't mind.

play the victim, be the victim

14. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

In the end you will probably spend as much shipping your current parts off to a refinisher.

15. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Before

image-1799638196.jpg

stones used

image-1589079518.jpg

After

image-3612904806.jpg

after

image-3715858441.jpg

after.

image-2702343618.jpg