Firearms Talk banner

Is there any competition shooting here in arizona?

876 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Overkill0084 
#1 ·
Id love to get into any and all types of competition shooting. it dosent matter if its pistol, rifle, trap/skeet long range, or Speed and accuracy id like to try atleast a couple i know there is some competitions at rio salado gun club but im not sure what they do there. Also what type of prizes are there? Id mainly go just for fun but if there is trophies i can show my future kids or rifles to win or anything like that it would be awesome is anyone here in arizona a competition shooter? If so what type of competition? Have you won anything?

#3 ·
The best shooting programs any where are in Arizona. You should visit the Ben Avery Shooting Center near Wickenburg. They offer all shooting sports and training. There are many shooting competitors in Arizona and they are some of the Nations best. Work real hard you may win a trophy some day.;)

#5 ·
As I understand things, AZ in general is something of a mecca for the shooting sports in general, the action pistol disciplines in particular. I suspect because of the wide open spaces and warm weather. Whatshisname, the former Brit who won Top Shot season 1, I read somewhere that he moved to AZ because of the higher level of competition.
Call or drive out to your local ranges and see whats available. Most ranges offer something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.