Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Wow
This died on the vine very quickly. Don't know if anyone is watching this forum any more but seems that with the interest I have seen all my life in Wyo for guns, hunting, shooting and fishing there would be a constant stream of lets get together and a bunch of good to great war stories.

Can this be reignited.
I'm originally from Torrington and then moved as a freshman to Evanston. Graduated there and married a local ranch girl then went into the military and wound up in Az
I live in Az now but travel back home to Evanston several times a year. My son lives on the ranch now and my brother just moved to Marbleton. So we have lots of shooting and hunting events.

I know the Martins and the Guilds and Barkers just to name few. In fact I knew Big John Martin when he was chief of police and he taught me how to shake hands.

Anyway, just wanted to see if there is any interest in making this a fun and informative forum.

Woody

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Spent more time in Cheyetown than I really cared to as my dad was a set with WHP and was stationed there. Windiest place on the planet.
Never spent time in Sheridan but grew up with the long time late mayor of your city Max DeBolt. He and his wife were my best friends going to such in Torrington.
So much history in our great state.
I have some of my own just recently literally uncovered.
My son and I were digging and setting rip raft in the bottom of the Bear river in Evanston when he dug up a buffalo skull. I have pics of it still wet and will try to post them if I can pull them out of my archives. Til then, its good to have a place to kibitz with fellow cowboys.

UF

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I know buffalo roamed the area but have never personally seen or found any items other than artists rendering or stories. So imagine my absolute surprise when this fell out of the backhoe bucket and we realized what it is. Keep in mind this is located on the families working cattle ranch near Evanston. So naturally, at first it was just an old steer head. NOT.
NO POSSIBLE WAY OF KNOWING WHERE IT STARTED AS THE Bear river starts way South of us in the high Uinta mountains and it is one of the curviest rivers in the country.
I think my son gave it to the local museum, not sure.
UF

Road surface Wood Asphalt Trunk Grass
Plant Reptile Asphalt Road surface Wood

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I did it, pulled stakes and moved back to Evanston. Got here yesterday and been busy unloading. Should be finished in a week or two.
My son and I started building custom, extremely accurate long range rifles and a new design of muzzle breaks. Really good looking and already becoming popular.
Business is called "Pucker Factor Performance.
Great to be home after soon long away.

UF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts