Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well darn! Just missed you! I'm an over the road truck driver. Next home time in early November. I'm down the road in Buffalo.
My wife and I spent the night in Buffalo on our trip last Summer, it was stop between Custer, SD with a stop at Devils Tower on our way to Cody. We stayed at the Mansion House Inn. Very nice place, drank at a great bar, the Occidental Saloon. We had dinner at Up In Smoke, pretty good brisket. Next morning we attended church that was within walking distance. Hope visit there again sometime.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Wow
This died on the vine very quickly. Don't know if anyone is watching this forum any more but seems that with the interest I have seen all my life in Wyo for guns, hunting, shooting and fishing there would be a constant stream of lets get together and a bunch of good to great war stories.

Can this be reignited.
I'm originally from Torrington and then moved as a freshman to Evanston. Graduated there and married a local ranch girl then went into the military and wound up in Az
I live in Az now but travel back home to Evanston several times a year. My son lives on the ranch now and my brother just moved to Marbleton. So we have lots of shooting and hunting events.

I know the Martins and the Guilds and Barkers just to name few. In fact I knew Big John Martin when he was chief of police and he taught me how to shake hands.

Anyway, just wanted to see if there is any interest in making this a fun and informative forum.

Woody

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Wow
This died on the vine very quickly. Don't know if anyone is watching this forum any more but seems that with the interest I have seen all my life in Wyo for guns, hunting, shooting and fishing there would be a constant stream of lets get together and a bunch of good to great war stories.

Can this be reignited.
I'm originally from Torrington and then moved as a freshman to Evanston. Graduated there and married a local ranch girl then went into the military and wound up in Az
I live in Az now but travel back home to Evanston several times a year. My son lives on the ranch now and my brother just moved to Marbleton. So we have lots of shooting and hunting events.

I know the Martins and the Guilds and Barkers just to name few. In fact I knew Big John Martin when he was chief of police and he taught me how to shake hands.

Anyway, just wanted to see if there is any interest in making this a fun and informative forum.

Woody
At one time this was a booming forum. I think administrative over editing is the reason it is now dead. But I still enjoy stopping in now and then.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
I live in Cheyenne.

I don't see the over editing myself.

A few years ago, the mods chased off a few hard core trolls, but by and large, they give us a lot of leeway to say just about anything as long as it's not profanity or personal attacks on other members.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Spent more time in Cheyetown than I really cared to as my dad was a set with WHP and was stationed there. Windiest place on the planet.
Never spent time in Sheridan but grew up with the long time late mayor of your city Max DeBolt. He and his wife were my best friends going to such in Torrington.
So much history in our great state.
I have some of my own just recently literally uncovered.
My son and I were digging and setting rip raft in the bottom of the Bear river in Evanston when he dug up a buffalo skull. I have pics of it still wet and will try to post them if I can pull them out of my archives. Til then, its good to have a place to kibitz with fellow cowboys.

UF

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I live in Cheyenne.

I don't see the over editing myself.

A few years ago, the mods chased off a few hard core trolls, but by and large, they give us a lot of leeway to say just about anything as long as it's not profanity or personal attacks on other members.
Okay, so why do you think there has been such a decline in the number of people actively participating here. It seems like it happened over night. I respect your opinion. I do know there were a lot of good threads shut down by admin for no good reason, other than they disagreed.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Okay, so why do you think there has been such a decline in the number of people actively participating here. It seems like it happened over night. I respect your opinion. I do know there were a lot of good threads shut down by admin for no good reason, other than they disagreed.
Maybe we're looking at it from different perspectives.
I haven't seen threads shut down unless they were in the wrong subforum, got into personal arguments instead of discussion, got into personal insults of other members, etc.
If you want to see over-moderation, go to the two largest forums on the internet, THR and TFL. Those are much larger and more active and they allow no disagreements at all.

In the years I've been here, participation seems to rise and fall every so often.

OTOH, having been a moderator myself on different forums, perhaps I see I see it differently from other members.

IMHO, the mods here come pretty close to keeping a good balance between allowing almost all opinions, and shutting down nasty rants and insults. Again, JMO!

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I know buffalo roamed the area but have never personally seen or found any items other than artists rendering or stories. So imagine my absolute surprise when this fell out of the backhoe bucket and we realized what it is. Keep in mind this is located on the families working cattle ranch near Evanston. So naturally, at first it was just an old steer head. NOT.
NO POSSIBLE WAY OF KNOWING WHERE IT STARTED AS THE Bear river starts way South of us in the high Uinta mountains and it is one of the curviest rivers in the country.
I think my son gave it to the local museum, not sure.
UF

Road surface Wood Asphalt Trunk Grass
Plant Reptile Asphalt Road surface Wood

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.