is there a .......?

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by mtruitt1971, Feb 28, 2014.

1. mtruitt1971

mtruitt1971 New Member

I currently have a Romanian trainer (m69) and I was wondering if any one has found a source for magazines for this gun?

Or

Has anyone found a magazine from another gun that will work in this rifle, even with little to no modifications to the mag?

I have tried a mag from phoenix Hp-22 (didn't work, too thick and feed angle was too flat)

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

2. mtruitt1971

mtruitt1971 New Member

Thanks
    Yeah $30 is way too pricey since I only paid $50 for the rifle.
    Next time I goto the gun show I am gonna take my mag and see if i can match one up.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

What's the problem with 30 bucks for the mag? That's about normal, even on the cheap side lately. I have passed up a good deal simply because an item was missing an important, but expensive/hard-to-find part. Without which, the item is not worth much.

4. mtruitt1971

mtruitt1971 New Member

$30 for a 5 shot 22 magazine for a $50 rifle is, to me, pricey.
    Now, if this was some rare, custom rifle sure, but it is not. It is just beater 22.
    If I didn't have a magazine I might think about paying that price.

I have seen several 22 magazines out there that cost way less.
    Just wondering if any one has found a cheaper/steadier supply .

Thanks

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

You may have missed my point.

7. Mercator

Mercator New Member

8. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Romanian trainers WERE 50 bucks. They're over $100 now, so those old mags at $15 have also doubled :)

But if your trainer is missing one..........that drops it back to the 50 dollar mark ;)

9. mtruitt1971

mtruitt1971 New Member

no harm no foul

nah, I don't think I missed your point, I get that you are saying, that it is the sign of the times and if you wanna play you got to pay.

I was just looking for an alternative to the $30 mag that everyone can get.
    I think I may have found one. I was talking to a gunsmith here locally it may be possible to modify a marlin mag to fit into and function properly and give you a 30 round capacity

I'll keep y'all posted

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

When dealing with a 22, a 30 round mag is certainly better than a 5 round mag. Good luck.