Is there a level of stupid below moron?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Overkill0084, May 8, 2012.

1. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

If not there should be for this guy. Just when you think that people can't get any dumber, they overachieve.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/05/08/pd-teenager-tried-to-rob-officer-at-police-station/

2. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

I feel the same way about YouTube ...

3. knfxda

knfxda New Member

4. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

I've got it on a sticky on the wall above the computer---just so I can
    be accurate.:)

Moron IQ 50-69
    Imbecile IQ 20-49
    Idiot IQ below 20

5. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Obamanaut- Below 10.

6. Overkill0084

Good to know. I suppose if I'd thought about it, someone had to have quantified it at some point.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

There is one lower.

EEG Flat Line

[​IMG]

8. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I don't know if there's a level below it, but if not it should be created for this guy.

9. Overkill0084

But wait. there's more:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/0...e-station-reportedly-says-play-like-that-all/
    It was a joke? Even if true, he's still an idiot.

Here's another joke where no one is laughing:
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=14...a-clara-teens-charged-in-attempted-kidnapping

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Wow, felony charges? We snatched our buddies up with the van many, many times. One guy's mom did freak a bit, since she opened the door just as he got yanked into the van with a sack on his head (end of the driveway, maybe 20 yards away).

I miss that van: bed in the back, tv, ice chest with a drain tube--what better vehicle for a teenage boy. :rolleyes:

11. Overkill0084

On the news last night it was noted that the girl was not previously acquainted with the boys (though they attended the same HS, IIRC). She didn't know them or their intentions. Whether people there want to face it or not, randomly grabbing a young girl off the street is typically a bad idea.

12. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Far too abysmally low to chart. :eek:

13. orangello

orangello New Member

No doubt a "bad idea", but a felony? That seems a bit much. At what point did they tell her it was a joke? Personally, I think "kids being kids" should be a mitigating factor in attempted joke situations like this. If young kids had wisdom and experience it would just ruin their youth.

14. knfxda

knfxda New Member

I'm pretty sure it said that she "escaped". It doesn't seem like they went "Ha, Ha, we were only joking, you can go now."

And even if they did, it's still assault and kidnapping.

It doens't help their case that it was 3 guys grabbing a girl and that she didn't know them directly. This is not someone that is part of your group that you are messing with. This is someone that doesn't know you that believes she is being violated.

Prosecute them, let them learn their lesson.

As it's been said, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!"

15. Overkill0084

It was said to be a "joke" only after the police found them. I'm pretty sure that it falls comfortably into the definition of kidnapping.
    Actions matter. It was real to the girl and none of us knows what they actually had in mind for her. I don't think brushing it off as a "boys will be boys" incident is called for here.
    Seems like a trend developing: Police catch you screwing up (bad) and "Oh, I/We were only playing around, it was a joke."

The really bad part is that some members of the local community is blaming her for all the trouble.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  16. orangello

orangello New Member

I missed the part about the "joke" commentary coming out only afterwards during questioning. Yep, they might have been pranking might have been out for no good. I guess they will have to convince a jury, one way or the other.

17. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Here's another 'joke'.

I remember a story of someone sneaking up behind an armed guard who was holding the door at a bank delivery. Using his finger as a gun he said, 'stickem up'. He was dead before the ambulance got there. He was shot by the covering guard in the truck.