is there a ban on imported 7.62x39 ?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Gh0zt36, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Thinking bout trading one of my rifles for a AK but I dont remember whether there was a ban on imported ammo .

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have not heard of any bans. While tariffs, striking dock workers, picketing anti-gunners are all possible...Vlad Putin is still making sure we receive our vodka, caviar and steel case ammo. :p

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

There is no ban. The x39 is still the cheapest of all. Unfortunately, this administration has 3 more years to take another initiative "for the children", and to stick it to Putin in one fell swoop

4. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

There is a ban on Chinese surplus/Norinco ammo put into place by Clinton in 1994. It banned the importation of ammo, AK variant rifles, SKS's, and other cheap Chinese surplus. You can get steel cased x39 Tulammo at Walmart for $5.17 (I've seen it go as high as $5.79 at some walmarts) for 20 rounds.

5. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

Didnt know that. Wow. I still have about 200 rounds of nornico ammo and I have a mak-90. Good thing I got them in 94. I was actually thinking about trading or selling the mak-90. What do you think it would bring. It's been shot less than 300 rounds. It's the thumb hole stock.

6. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I've seen them for around $800-950 and up, but as low as $700. It varies greatly. Norinco ammo can sell from .75 cents a round to $1.25+ a round. You can get anywhere from $750-975 for the package depending on how many magazines and accessories you have for it. Hope this helped, zaitsev

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I doubt Obama has the guts to mess with Putin. If Obama blocks Russian ammo and arms sales Putin will stop oil imports. The Russian have one of the largest oil reserves on earth. Not to mention all of the other countries who will be quick to back the Russians.

8. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Sell the ammo and the rifle as a package. If you can't find a buyer at full price you can use the ammo as leverage.

9. mopowerbmx

mopowerbmx New Member

I'm thinking about it. I actually have about 1000 rounds. But I don't know what to get. I've always wanted an AR and considered trading it out but I got a Rock River a few weeks ago trading a glock 21 and ammo. I'm down sizing my collection of 13 guns to about 5 guns. I don't shoot them so why have them.

10. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

The real deterrent is in domestic politics, which is "us". Selling oil is vital to Russia. Selling ammo is a drop in the bucket by comparison.

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

You don't have to feed them. If I don't have to feed something I will keep it until someone makes an offer I can't refuse.

12. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

round where I live on my local gun craigslist there are 2 mak90's 1 7.62x39 and 1 5.45x?? for 650 each

The military style sporting rifle bubble has burst im seeing PSA m4 s for 700 650 aks **** is getting rediculously cheap

13. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Don't buy a used AK sight unseen. There are enough of them around so you can handle one before paying for it.