Is online stores not great for ammo?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by brockly, Sep 1, 2013.

1. brockly

brockly New Member

The price I found for online store is x2 the amount and that's not even adding the shipping.

Any good online stores for 22lr?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Try gunbot and ammoseek.

3. CJx

CJx New Member

Quoted for truth.

4. brockly

brockly New Member

Thank you. The shipping kills ya lol. But at lease you don't have to hunt the ammo everyday at 8 am

5. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Keep in mind if you over pay for the Ammo, like $100 for 500 rounds of 22LR, you are in a way Prolonging the ammo shortage. I always buy from Midway USA.

6. therewolf

therewolf New Member

You also have to remember that the quality of the

ammo can be an issue.

Don't get your feelings hurt, if you get a rock-

bottom price, only to get it delivered, and find

steel casings, Berdan primers, etc.

If you want reloadable ammo, be sure it says

"Brass Cases, Boxer Primed" in the ad.

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Always calculate cost per round including shipping, taxes if applicable, too, before clicking the final purchase button.

Frinstance, since Cabela's has retail stores in WI and I am a resident of WI, I have to pay sales tax on internet orders.

8. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I really like Midway but their limits of 1 box for .22 ammo kills it for me. With normal high shipping costs for ammo, it isn't economical unless you can purchase multiple boxes at once.

9. randall1954

randall1954 New Member

Try this for a list and some search engines.

10. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Add to that, wikiarms.com. I've also used gunbot.net and ammoseek.com and am served by their search features. :)

11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

It's really hit or miss, esp. with 22LR. Ordered from one place,..got 2 boxes of Federal Auto Match for 38 Bucks,..,but the shipping was 22 more...ordered some 38 wadcutters for the wife to practice with(and me as well) 200 rds. worth for 96 bucks,..because they are local but drop ship,..still came out to over $150(with the other 40 rds. of 9mm SD ammo)....still,..Ordered on Saturday morning while they were closed for the holiday weekend,...shipped Tuesday morning to arrive Wed. afternoon....

12. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I was looking the web and took a look at CTD site, their .223 and 5.56 are at prices before November / December time frame; however, no the handgun ammo. A 50 round box of Blazer 115 gr non-reloaded casings was at $49.59 :eek:

Normal box locally is running $12.99 to $15.99 prices, which I do pickup from time-to-time.

The biggest item on the list is the famous .22LR ammunition.

Ammo is returning; but, you have to be on truck day. Lately, I have not been seeing the .38 Special or .357 Magnum rounds, either home defense or training rounds. I have been seeing 9mm and .45 ACP ammo. Not a Walmart, not worth the effort to shop.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013