Is now the time?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by danolator, Dec 15, 2012.

1. danolator

danolator New Member

I've been thinking about one of the Stag LH models for quite some time. Given recent events and the current state of the republic, is it time to take the leap? I am afraid if I don't, I may miss my chance to ever get one. What do you think?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

americans are getting dumber and the last decade has shown a very disturbing trend of americans more than willing to give up liberty to totalitarians for the illusion of safety

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I bought two lowers today at my LGS. Before I can't.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Hopefully you have not missed the boat. And why a left hand model. All newer AR's are left hand friendly with just the addition of an ambi safety.

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I started a thread along these lines with a couple that my dealer has. I'm thinking the same as you are. Buy now before we get shutout. I can also see the prices skyrocketing if there gets to be serious AWB action in Congress.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Just keep in mind that a lefty has some proprietary parts and lefty parts arent as plentiful . You will not have a problem shooting a righty left handed . My buddy does it and it works just fine .Thats why they are so universal , you can still put ambidextrous controls on it and it will suite you needs just fine

7. danolator

danolator New Member

Thanks. The biggest reason for LH is ejection. I thought it was me, but I have a couple pistols that I could change the mag release on (Ambi), but I still get hit with brass fairly often. When watching my son shoot the same guns RH, the ejection is right and back. This puts me in the wheelhouse off the left hand. Not a big deal with a 9mm or .40 cartridge, but don't want to mess with it on an AR. I read really good stuff about Stag 2L model. Lots of lefties never have issues with RH guns, but I seem to be one of those exceptions.

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

STAG makes a very good rifle and are one of the few that make lefty models. My $.02 ... don't wait ... hell, buy 2 ;)

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

If the rifle is working properly you will not get hit with brass using a righty, left handed

10. danolator

danolator New Member

Maybe so, but I want my brass flying off to the left and I want the same operational conveniences designed for RH dominant in a LH version. That's just the way I roll. BTW, just finished up my order for the LH Stag 2L. Gonna be 4-6 weeks according to the website. Now for ammo research. I don't suppose they make LH ammo? LOL

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The left handed ammo is available at Lowe's right next to the left handed screw drivers and metric crescent wrenches

12. russ

russ New Member

They do. Just don't get fooled by someone turning RH ammo upside down and then charging extra for it. Make sure you get genuine LH ammo. I have a case I will sell you very reasonably. Trust me.:D

13. danolator

danolator New Member

Too funny!! I needed a good laugh.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yes, now would be the time to buy. Sen. Diane Feinstein just said today she will introduce an AWB bill immediately in 2013 so the Commiefornications are coming after all of us now. Rumors are if it passes it will not be retroactive, so it will only ban new sales much like the Clinton AWB. We have to hope enough congressmen remember what happened after the last AWB and want no part of one today.

Supply isn't too bad right now but as word of this gets out no doubt parts are going to be harder than ever to get. Probably like after the 2008 election. I think I'll pick up more magazines before they dry up.

15. relichound

relichound New Member

I know it's an old thread ,, how did you work it out ? I'd say it's your firearm make it work for you