Is Lapua brass as good as they say it is?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Anna_Purna, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I need to buy some bulk brass for reloading. And the only thing I can find that will ship here is Lapua brass. Is it as good as people say it is, or is Remington/winchester etc just as good?

Thanks

2. mseric

mseric New Member

Well that depends. What do you plan to use it for?

I use Lapua brass in my 9.3x62, 6.5x55, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 AI and believe it or not my 7.62 x 39.

I love this brass and I will continue to use it even though it costs more than Rem and Win. It is truly the best brass you can buy.

I would not pay the extra dime and use it in something like my AR-15. IMO, I don't think that the Lapua brass is going to show me any improvement in accuracy or longevity in my AR-15 over the less expensive Rem and Win brass.

Is it better? You Bet. Is it worth it? Yes, but not in every situation or rifle. If I were loading 223/5.56 from a bolt action target rifle, I would use it, for the AR not so much.

3. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I'm going to use it for a 222 Sako bolt action rifle.

4. mseric

mseric New Member

Buy It!
    Enjoy

5. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Laupa brass is head and shoulders above anything winchester or remington puts out.

1. Lauba drills the flash holes the other punch it.
    2. Laupa has slightly thicker walls and will last longer.
    3. Laupa has more uniformity than the other helping it last longer.
    4. Laupa brass is that much better. For my bench guns it is all I will use. No other brass is as good not even norma.