is kimber worth getting?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by jackal6, Sep 6, 2012.

1. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

Iv been really looking at kimber custom ii for my first handgun shot it and loved it but I'm noticing not all the reviews people give are good iv only got a budget of $800 I dnt wanna get something im going to regret later

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You can find a Kimber for 800$?

Get a Colt and be happy!

3. genesis

genesis New Member

Never owned a Kimber but I know they're excellent. If that's what you're heart is set on, then get it. But with $800 the field is wide open to ya. Go to youtube and do a search on any gun you're interested in. There are a bazillion excellent gun review vids there. But I warn you. Watching them can become addictive. It is for me.

If I were to get a 45 it would be the Springfield Armory XDM 45ACP 5.25 Competition model for $740 from Bud's Guns. But that's just me. You should get what YOU want. Really, do the youtube thing.

Semper Fi

Don <><

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411550948/SPR+XDM+COMPETITION+10RD+45ACP+5.25+10RD

4. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Have to agree with cane on this one god knows iI hate to.... lol just kidding cane :p but ya canes right on the money

5. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

Well what's a nice starter colt?

6. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Canes gonna have to answer that one for ya I buy cheap 1911s lol

7. chuckusaret

chuckusaret Member

Yes, where do you get one for $800? I went to the next step and bought the Solo CDP with the Crimson Trace laser OTD for $1200.

8. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Go on gunbroker.com plenty of colts to be had for $800

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

You can go with a colt xse, owned one and loved it or a 70s series. Theyre very customizable.

10. Datalore

Datalore New Member

I have had a Kimber for quite some time. I own 32 handguns and would say that my Kimber is among my top 3 depending on what day it is. If you can hold out to get one I surly would. I have never regretted and always enjoyed my decision on purchasing one.

11. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

@ canebrake; I live in california, can I even buy guns on online auction?

12. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Depends on if the firearm is approved in California, obviously, but some dealers will not ship to California, I guess because they don't want the hassle of worrying about California's laws.

The Gun Broker links Cane provided may be for different dealers & they'll usually state in their info if they will ship to California. Also, you can go to Gun Broker's home page, click on the "Buyers" link at the top, scroll down & click on "Locate an FFL". There will be a place to put in your zip code & then you can scroll down to FFLs in your area that are set up at Gun Broker.

13. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Thousands of other people think so. Whether its "worth" it to you is something you'll have to decide for yourself.

14. therewolf

therewolf New Member

If Kimber Customer Service had a better rep, I'd say "go for it".

But for less money you can have a Stainless Steel Colt,

Springfield, S&W, or Remington. Take your pick...

15. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

I'm interested in colt but iv never shot one, I have shot kimber and It was VERY accurate, will a colt do as well?

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Yes, Cane....you can and I have a number of times.

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I never owned a Kimber and do not see my owning any in the future.

18. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

I purchased a Kimber custom II TLE RL in May and 2000 rounds later no issues what so ever. Accuracy is superb as well.

19. jackal6

jackal6 New Member

Well no going back now I paid the deposit I'm getting a kimber :D