Is JPFO in trouble?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by JWagner, Aug 23, 2014.

1. JWagner

JWagner New Member

2. k2000k

k2000k New Member

I understand why the JFPO wouldn't want to merge but the accusations that Alan Gottleib somehow compromises on the 2nd amendment doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Per my understanding from reading these forums the SAF is considered one of the best organizations when it comes to advocating for our rights in the courts.

3. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Sign the petition to keep the JPFO as an independent organization. The JPFO has always been a stand up, no compromises group. We need the JPFO to maintain a balance among gun owners.

4. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

I heard Gottlieb on GunTalk radio, interviewed by Tom Gresham . He advocated support for the Toomey-Manchin bill as a " compromise " ( read " appeasement " ) .

5. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I am not sure any second amendment advocacy group can be judged by their actions on any one issue. For all we know SAF agreed to support Toomey-Manchin because it had little chance of becoming law. Pop Vox had Toomey-Manchin at 3% chance of becoming law. Pop Vox is run by Democrats.

6. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

That is one great stretch of speculation , JD ! I won't try to top it . I read all of the links on the matter and Claire Wolfe says Aaron Zelman detested Gottlieb as a compromiser and opportunist until his death .

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Gottlieb might very well be all the things that Zelman despised. I know the SAF gets a lot done. I think we can agree that to get a favor from a politician he has to owe you a favor or he wants cash money. Supporting your enemy in certain defeat is not a bad way to appease him.