Is it rare?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by bigbomar4, Jun 15, 2011.

1. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

How rare is a ruger #1? I have looked all over town and have not seen a single one. I know that they have been in production for years but I just cant find one in town. I am trying to recover my stolen #1 and am just trying to figure out the rarity of the gun. I figure that the more rare it is the more likly that mine will show up.

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

It all depends on the caliber and version of your #1,as to how rare it is.

3. Wambli

Wambli Member

There have been limited runs of some configuration/chamberings. I have a Stainless .257 Roberts with upgraded wood that would be a bear to replace. But for normal chamberings in standard configurations a run through Gunbroker.com should come up with plenty of options.

4. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

The gun is a 2000 model varminter(I think) .243 WIN. I looked on rugers sight and that cal is no longer offered so will that help narrow it down?

5. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You really don't know the caliber of your own rifle?

6. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Any big gun show should have several, in various calibers. I'd like another myself, but wife might decide it's one more too many. :eek:

7. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I have bad luck every time in the last two years that gun show has come to town I either had to work that weekend or was out of town. I love the gun and will get another if this one is not found once I get the money.

8. Shihan

Shihan Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

not a real good way to get help.

just cuz someone misinterpreted an accident of punctuation doesnt give a person free reign down the path of rudeness.

10. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

Im sorry I am just a little stressed right now and just snap at even the smallest thing. Again I am sorry.