Is FTF Blocked?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by notdku, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  1. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

When you are at work or school is FTF blocked by your work/school Internet filter?

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Your meta tags have firearms, gun and other "outlawed" content. :mad:

3. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Mine is and it really sucks..

4. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

FTF is not blocked at my local University.
    I know, I spent almost every English class reading threads! (Before you say anything, the actual in class *work* took about 5 minutes and was easy as crap.... you think after 12 or so years they would have faith in you understanding what a noun is.) lol

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

At work, I am on a network that blocks everything from music streaming sites to Facebook farming to anything of "adult" nature & that includes any hosted images.

So far, even with "increased security" Firearms Talk is still wide open for me.

JD

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The McAfee at work has been showing yellow/caution for a couple of months. It was green on Tuesday and yellow again today. Not blocked, but usage is likely monitored. Eff em! I open it first thing in the morning and leave it open all day. Good luck proving I am doing any WORK at all, HAH!!

7. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

When I park by the Burger King and try to use their "free wi fi" it is blocked, but not on the 'net at work.

8. pandamonium

pandamonium New Member

For a while it wasn't blocked, then all of a sudden it was, they have flagged it as SPAM! I'm thinking I may have forgot to close out and someone saw it and had I T block it. The bastards!

9. bkt

bkt New Member

It's blocked at my company's standard proxy server:
    Fortunately, there's a different proxy I can go through to get access OK.

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

It was at my old job. At my current job I don't have internet access while at work.

11. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Da gubmint hasn't blocked it...yet!

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

It should be because of firearms/weapons and it is a internet message board. I'm the man with the password to the filter so I get what ever I want.......

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

No not yet.

Does anyone know of a proxy site allowing unmonitored internet usage?

14. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I signed up on this one JDP ,, they will email you a new site to use every week or so that isn't blocked.. I have really good luck with it at work. It gets me on ftf when I have a slow day which thankfully aren't many :)

http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor/

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  15. NGIB

NGIB New Member

A few weeks ago our IT guys were screwing with our firewall settings and it was blocked for a few days. It's been working since though...