Is CC just another form of registration?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by chloeshooter, Nov 14, 2013.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I sure believe so, at least in the state of Minnesota. The penalty for not getting the permit and carrying is a misdemeanor. I know what I do - what would YOU do?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would get my license and carry legally.

3. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

you kind of have to here if you want to purchase a handgun or a semi. That, or you need a special permit to purchase a handgun or a semi. It most definitely is gun OWNER registration, no bones about it

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Just another infringement. Another hoop to jump through. Another fee to pay for exercising a right.
    It is not disarmament, but certainly delays, deters, and limits the applicants.

5. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Is it registration? When a newspaper and pull up that info and print it it's a pretty compelling argument indeed. What it is to me is asking permission from the very group of people that you just may have to protect yourself from.

I do not advocate carrying illegally though. If one is going carry concealed they should do so in a manner that is not breaking the law. WE do ourselves no favors be being no different than some of the threats we wish to protect ourselves from. And it's just ammo for those wish to make more limits to a right that si not supposed to be limited in the first place.

6. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I happen to agree with you spot on. Currently you can have open or concealed carry in your home or your business. And you don't need CC for transporting between the two.

7. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

It puts you on the radar that's for sure. I let mine expire for several years, and got pulled over for speeding. As I sat in the officers car I heard a date come over the radio that made no sense as far as my driving goes, later I realized it was the date my permit expired. I might as well keep it now I'm already on the list:eek:

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have a FL and a WI permit, those states know I likely own a handgun, but they do not know which one or how many.

If you purchase a firearm hunting license, you are likely a gun owner.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Good point

10. hogrider

hogrider New Member

It sure is and once on that list you'll never get off it. But I did it anyway so I'm "legal".

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

in wisconsin no permit is needed for OC strap the gun on the hip and go about your business. long as it is visible at all times. can be challenging in the winter.

ccw cards make it a bit easier dealing with LE inquiring to your legal status to have a gun. wisconsin, particularly in milwaukee, madison, greenbay, racine, kenosha practices catch and release on violent criminals.

just today police tracked down a convicted felon they let ror (which is the norm even for murderers...) who had been convicted of drug trafficing possession of firearms by a felon and aggravated burglery into children's hospital, he had failed to appear in court in september for sentencing when the sherriffs caught him he drew a illegal pistol and was shot by police in the hospital. a gun free zone on the 7th floor...

12. MisterMcCool

and at night. What about camo guns?
    How did he get a gun into a gun free zone? :rolleyes:

13. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Concealed carry permits in Wisconsin only mean that the holder can carry a concealed weapon. That weapon can be anything that is legal to carry from knives, tasers pepper spray, firearms and whatever. That being said, is wouldn't be a very dependable registry.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

If you are convicted of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit its is over. A conviction will prohibit your ownership of firearms. :(

15. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Hell,isn't your name already in the books when you buy from a FFL and your name is entered in the NICS system?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  16. JonM

JonM Moderator

camo guns are gtg long as they are visible...

dunno how he got it past those barriers. musta been a big fat wish fairy on the inside that conjured one out of thin air for him

[​IMG]

17. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Sure enough!

18. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Isn't just the purchase of a weapon pistol or rifle the same thing? They have your personal info, the make, model and SN of the weapons. I don't think they need much more to track you and/or your weapon.

When I bought my M&P I had to provide 2 forms of ID with my current address on it.

Again, the only ones that won't be tracked are the BG's that wouldn't register anyway.

19. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 New Member

CC is just like a poll tax. Once we educate the ignorant of this fact, we'll also elect better representatives and have a saner country. It's my dream, don't crush it.

20. MisterMcCool

Umm... Nothing. :)