Is anyone shooting a Ruger SR9 or SR9c?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by dgray64, Oct 2, 2011.

1. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

I haven't' heard much about them except this week, Michael Bane commented that he shot one "out of the box" in the IDPA Nationals and really liked it. I've held one and sighted along it in the store, but haven't jumped on one because I haven't heard anything but advertising. They feel good in your hand, though heavy for a polymer pistol. I think all the recalls are over, so I wonder if they are worth the investment. Thanks for the input.

Dave :confused::)

2. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Plenty of satisfied owners on the various gun boards. There's even a few happy owners here, including myself.

I have the compact version and it's my primary carry gun. Great little gun, very accurate, extremely dependable, and very thin which works well for carrying. I'm 100% happy with mine.

3. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Hey Olympus, is the trigger scratchy at all? A lot of the early reviews were knocking the trigger because it didn't seem smooth. I liked the feel of it myself, but have never fired one. When my daughter and I looked at pistols a little bit ago she chose the Kahr due to the comfort. I don't think that they had a Ruger there. I would have liked to compare the two. Enjoy. I may do some shopping again soon.

Dave :)

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I don't notice any scratchiness at all. Just a nice, clean break.

6. mkett39

mkett39 New Member

I like my compact, has nice clean feel on trigger. Nice reset also IMO.

7. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

You're welcome Dave. I almost bought another one for CCW, but decided to go with a Glock 36 so I can stay with .45ACP's.

9. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Thanks again CA,

I'm kind of looking. I already have a Taurus 24/7c in 9mm, a Millineum Pro in 45 and a PF9 in 9mm so I really don't need another small one, but I'm always looking for something better. Keep shooting.

Dave :)

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I had a SR9 & liked it but did'nt LOVE it-
    Wife has (& most likely always will) the SR9C :cool:

[​IMG]

11. tommy62

tommy62 New Member

SR9c as my EDC. Feeds anything I put through it. Very accurate. Great trigger.

12. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i have an sr9c with the stanless slide. it is very coomfortable grip. especially with the little finger extension to put on the mags. its shoots well and it pretty accurate. ive put rws,sellier & bellot, blazer, pmc, and magtech thru mine with no issues at all. i did notice that i have to really make sure to seat my mags when doing a reload tho. but its not a big deal. just have to watch when slamming it in. if i could cc i would choose this pistol but perhaps with the black slide. i had a hard time choosing.between the two but liked the shiny one. hehe

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  13. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I have a compact. I love it. I'm not a fanboy of Ruger, but I have a few now (four in the safe) , and have sold a few. Never had a single problem with any of them.

14. RIRdKng

RIRdKng New Member

My EDC is an SR9c. I couldn't be happier with it.

15. ivandog48

ivandog48 New Member

I bought the SR9C apprx 1yr ago. Mainly on looks. It feels good in the hand and a Ruger. 1 ten rd mag and one 7 rd. Cool. I took it to the range and 7 of 50 rds FTF. Light strikes on the primer. Changed ammo. Same results. Good cleaning and lube didn't help. Took it back to gun store. He took it home and fired it 100 times and to " break it in". No good. We sent it back and got a new one. It's flawless. Early production had this problem said my research on the net. This was my new CC gun and I shot 500 rds every which way. Upside down, side ways, limp wrist, wife, 27 rds rapid, dirty. Can't make it malfunction. Five brands ammo FMJ, +P, HP, flawless. It's surprisingly as accurate as my Beretta 92FS. Have over 3000 rds flawless. Polish the the feed ramp to mirror finish (all autos) and enjoy. My buddies love it on looks alone. Try one and feel good about it. I do.

16. jlaforn

jlaforn New Member

'Subscribed'
    The SR9 is what I'm also thinking for my next gun. I got to hold it at a local store and fell in love instantly. I hope to snag it in the coming months. But we'll see.

17. ishotmyself

ishotmyself New Member

I shot one yesterday, I like u fell in love, also shot the lc9, glock26, I lc lots of recoil, sr9c, I was all over the target UN till I figured out the sites other then that it was nice smooth, however the glock(whitch I never liked glock I don't have a reason why) is smoother less recoil then sr9c. I still will buy the rugged for ccw, perhaps a glock for second hope it helps.

18. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought an SR9c for my wife so I could get my G19 back. After she let me shoot it, I traded the G19 off for another SR9c. We now have his and hers SR9c's. In an emergency there is no hesitation on how does this work. We can share mags and ammo. I believe that matched guns are a big plus in an emergency. The SR9c also has a manual safety in addition to the trigger safety.

19. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I love my SR9c. I find it similar to the 1911 regarding it has a manual thumb saftey. Since I carry a 1911A1 during the fall and winter I find it very very nice that I can carry it the same way as my 1911A1. For that matter if I had to use it I would be able to deploy it in the same manner. The trigger at first seemed stiff to me, but I've gotten use to it and it's a crisp break and nice reset. The grip is very slim and I have put Talon Gun Grips on it, which make it oh so sweeter to shoot.

20. skbryant32

skbryant32 New Member

My fiance's primary is a Ruger SR9c, and she loves it. I have to say that, in my relatively limited experience, it is very comfortable in the hand, very accurate, looks good, has very little recoil, and is just fun to shoot, in general. Have fun!