Is anyone familiar with this hand gun?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by chefsimms, Dec 22, 2011.

1. chefsimms

chefsimms New Member

It is a Clarke 1st clarke technicore handgun. Made in Santa Monica California ?
    It shoots 32 s&w shorts.
    I cannot find much information on the internet about, just that it was one of the first Saturday night specials, and not a real good gun…I was trying to find out what year it was made, how much they sold for etc… I wanted to find some grips for it. It shoots fairly well, but only very close range.
    Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

2. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

For that gun I would just carve my own grips for it. Use the old one for the pattern.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I think you are looking for a Clerke First, not a clark. Funky letters heard to read. Made in late 60's, early 70s. Sold for about $15 new. VERY low quality.

Original grips from gunpartscorp.com for $25 and change, plus shipping. Grips were Bakelite, rather fragile. Seriously, not to be dissing your revolver, but that is about what the gun is worth.

Link HERE: Grips, Bakelite, Original

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I hate to see anyone shoot a gun like that. I see the barrel is cast with the frame. I have to assume it has a steel liner. Please set it aside and save your money for a real gun.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

Destroy it. Kill it with fire. Do not shoot it if you value your face.

6. sarge_257

sarge_257 New Member

revolver

I am not sure but it sure looks like it says CLERKE on the gun in the picture. I would guess it was made in the late 1960's
    Sarge

7. chefsimms

chefsimms New Member

Thank-you very much, I have had it for years...I do not use it.I was just wondering if any one knew anything about it...What would be the reason to make such a gun?I thought it would make a good paper weight.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

As cheap as they were, it cost even less to make it, and the company could make a profit on it. Why would someone buy it? Again, price. If you wanted to buy a gun that was going in a dresser, and never planned to shoot it except in an emergency, and you only HAD $15.....

Paper weight would be about right.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Agree- Companys that made those type "weapons" back then cared less if it was safe or not- Made a buck , thats all that mattered :(
    Dont shoot the thing :eek:

10. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Is there a weapons "buy-back" program going on in your area?

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

That's the one I'd pick to trade for a flower for valentines day

12. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

gun buy back program is perfect. Get a $100 gift card to use toward the purchase of a Jennings .380

13. glockman55

glockman55 Member

Good Idea..I'm not a big fan of the buy back... but that gun should be disabled..

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Now thats funny :p

15. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thats actually what a lot of people do they get rid guns just like that and bought better ones with the money.

16. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

A lot of very good advice here.

17. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Bet one good lick with a hammer and it would break into little pieces . Looks kinda a like a early pot metal RG. Buy-back gun for sure.