Is ammunition a firearm?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by AnotherGunLover, Jun 10, 2012.

1. AnotherGunLover

AnotherGunLover New Member

I was reading a post the other day about suppresors and it stated that they were indeed cinsidered firearms. It got me thinking that if they are considered firearms then is munition considered a firearm aswell and if not can they be shipped to your home. Much appreciated.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Shipment of ammo is state based. Check your state laws or go to a site like cheaperthandirt.com and ask.

3. AnotherGunLover

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

suppressors require a tax stamp from the BATF and approval from the controlling LEA in your town for ownership. that is why they are considered firearms by the BATF if i am not mistaken.

i order ammo from time to time and have it shipped directly to my house. loaded ammo is able to be shipped straight to your home and sometime only requires an adult signature by the deilvery service or shipper.

5. bkt

bkt New Member

Ammunition is NOT considered a firearm, but there may be limits how much you can store in a particular location - check with your municipality or state for details.

Suppressors are also not firearms, but they are controlled devices per the National Firearms Act (Class III device). It won't do any good to try to reason out why this is because there is no logic to it at all. Paying a $200 tax on something that should cost around $30 seems a mite excessive. So...no suppressors. No big deal.

6. AnotherGunLover

Thanks cause I really don't like driving and waiting in line for ammo lol yea I know its lazy .

7. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I had a holster get treated as a firearm. A couple of years ago I went to the "City-County" Building in Indianapolis. I left my gun in my car, but kept the holster on my belt. The "security" guard refused to let me enter the building. So I asked if he could hold it until I came back out. He refused, so I put it in a waste basket, and went in and did my business. When I came out the holster was gone. I 'spect the good ol' guard had a nice new holster.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I had a hat pin treated as a replica firearm by the tsa.