is a glock 23 not a popular gun?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by glockchino, Dec 2, 2012.

1. glockchino

glockchino New Member

I've owned my g23 for sometime now.and I've read a lot of forums and blogs.I see everything else being wrote about but not a g23.I love my gun.I don't understand why nothing is being said about it.

2. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I love mine and it's on my side right now. I know a lot of folks like the 23 and will brag about them. But I also know many people don't like the .40. So that may be why you don't see a lot about them.

3. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

I have a glock 23, goes pretty much everywhere I go. 13+1 .40 in a compact for carry, meets all my needs and wants. Would and do trust it with my life. Nuff said...

4. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Same thing as the G22. Just a different size barrel, frame and slide.

5. Griffworks

Griffworks New Member

I own a G22 and G27. I wanna get a G23 one of these days, as I've got several friend who have one and I've fired theirs. I like that the barrel flip isn't quite as bad as on my G27, but it conceals almost as well as the G27. I've even thought about cutting down the grip on my G22 to give it the same concealability of the G27 or G23, as a friend of mine has done, but am too chicken to do so. :eek:

6. Scottlikesguns

Scottlikesguns New Member

I have a glock 23 and I LOVE it it's big enough that it feels good in the hand but small enough that you can carry it concealed.

7. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I have shot the glock 23 and found it to be an excellent gun. I plan on buying my first glock after the holidays and it might very well be the 23. You can't possibly build something that everyone loves. If you like it, thats all that matters.

8. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I thank y'all just talked me into the 23. I was going to get the 22. But the 23 is easier to CC. And I can still get the 9mm, .357sig ,and .22lr conversion for it. Also I will be able to use g23 and g22 mags.

9. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

^^^^^^ I can CC my 23 in a pair of shorts and a T-shirt without any problems.

10. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I can CC my XD45 SM. But it has to be at my lower back or under my arm. And I hate both those places.

11. Mario

Mario New Member

I have a Glock 23 3rd Gen. It is absolutely one of my favorites. I've carried it more than any other pistol. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck holster for it. Some people do not have a preference for it because it can be snappy in a lighter frame.

The 40 S&W was developed to give law enforcement greater stopping power than a 9 MM. If a HP round fails to expand you still have a bigger bullet to make a bigger hole.

Do a Youtube search on Hickock45 Glock 23. He can hit a gong with his at 230 yards.

12. JeeperSC

JeeperSC New Member

I love my 23! Its a kick*** frame.

I cant wait to shoot my new G27 Gen4 but I have to wait until Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  13. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

If I were to venture a guess, I'd say they are about #4 on the popular list, behind the 19, 17, and 22.

The 19 and 23 frames are identical and the slide is nearly so. I started to buy a 23, but .40s&w ammo is stupid expensive for what it is when compared to 9mm and 45 acp. So I got the 19 so I could have some cheap plinking.

Attached Files:

14. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

I like mine. Only problem I have is deciding between my 27 and 23 each day cuz I can conceal them almost the same. I have a 19 but for some reason (I know it's probably in my head) I can't seem to trade 180gr for 124 gr in same size gun, and I know they make 147 but the velocity is crap. Also +P is same kick as .40 anyhow so I laugh when people go to the range and shoot 115gr all day then carry 124 +P expecting to be accurate...

15. motorheadwayne

motorheadwayne New Member

I very much enjoy my 23. I used to carry my wheel gun but it prints too much. The 23 can go in my pocket or on my hip and with even a cpl mags it is still comfy.

16. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

It's pretty much the same thing with a G31, I never see anyone posting or talking about them. I like mine but the problem is probably the price of .357 sig ammo. I've shot the 23, nice gun.

17. therukh

therukh New Member

I have owned many Glocks...all the .40's and more. All the .40's I've had were good and the G22 was the best for me. Over the years, however, I moved away from the .40's but would not hesitate to own/carry one. One thing to watch for in any Glock is frame flex, for lack of a better term. If you buy one that shoots consistently to the left or right, send it down the road and buy another. If you find one that shoots to the sights - keep it!

18. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I have owned a g23 and just didnt like the .40. I since traded it for a g19 and i love it. The frame size is perfect for me just not the .40.

19. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Well I told y'all that y'all changed my mind. Picked it up today.

Attached Files:

20. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

Great choice, but you already knew that, congrats!