Iron Sights Suggestions

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by revrentzero, Jan 29, 2013.

1. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

Hey guys I was wondering what kind of iron sight setup I should run on my ar15, I have a eotech 552 and just wondering what kind of backup sights I can run on my gas block. Thanks for any help. The eotech is not on for picture purposes but I have magpul mbus sights but I heard they can melt on the gas block. Thanks

image-702935105.jpg

Attached Files:

2. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

Not sure why the picture with the scope is in there lol, disregard the scope picture I put it in there on accident.

3. Obama_is_balls

Obama_is_balls New Member

Use the magpul flip ups or if you want to spend a little more go with the Diamondhead flip ups. They're very nice but pircey

4. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

How are the GG&G 1393 Flip up front sights? Anybody have one?

5. hoovco

hoovco New Member

Troy Industries makes really nice flip ups.

6. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

I really like the troy sights but I don't like the price lol, I can get a gg&g 1393 front flip up for $50 new.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

If you want a really useable setup get a midwest front and a matech rear. Its as close as your going to get to a decent workable setup for a flattop without a fixed fsb

8. grichardt

grichardt New Member

I'm using a Daniel defense front fixed sight and a standard utg flip up rear. No problems hitting what I was aiming for at 60 yards. Haven't tried much passed that. The set up cost me about 70 bucks, most of which was on the dd front

9. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

Will a fixed front sight block the view from a eotech 552?

10. JL77

JL77 New Member

If you want to put the front sight on the gas block, you'll need a sight designed to be placed on the gas block and not a quad rail.

They are typically metal or steel rather than polymer. That way it can stand up to the heat produced by the gas block. Usually aren't too much higher than the polymer ones that are designed for the rail.

I've seen them in local shops and online.

Usually, they will state that they are specific for being placed onto the gas block. I guess, they are usually a little taller too, due the gas block being slightly lower than your top rail.

The polymer one probably wont melt during 20 or 30 round shooting sessions, but you'll probably shoot a little high because your front sight will be just a tad lower than the rear sight.

I'm by no means an expert and am new to the AR world. But, the good folks here on this forum just assisted me with this same matter a month or so ago.

11. grichardt

grichardt New Member

You have a same plane gas block, so get a sight made for that purpose. Be careful if you are looking for a front sight... HAS TO SAY SAME PLANE and not gas block height.

12. JL77

JL77 New Member

Looks like you are right, please disregard the height part of my message.

I should have looked at the picture better. Sorry guys.

13. hoovco

hoovco New Member

It won't block the view, you can co-witness an EOTech on iron sights.

14. GhostUSA556

GhostUSA556 New Member

Troy industry's folding battle sight. But if you don't have the money just go with the Magpuls I hear they are good.

15. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

I had the magpul a to begin with but the front sight cracked on both sides of the bottom where it mounts rendering it useless. I ordered a GG&G 1393 front sight that ill use for now.

16. revrentzero

revrentzero New Member

This is the one, its a standard height.

image-1838248027.jpg