Firearms Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering what kind of iron sight setup I should run on my ar15, I have a eotech 552 and just wondering what kind of backup sights I can run on my gas block. Thanks for any help. The eotech is not on for picture purposes but I have magpul mbus sights but I heard they can melt on the gas block. Thanks

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
If you want a really useable setup get a midwest front and a matech rear. Its as close as your going to get to a decent workable setup for a flattop without a fixed fsb

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm using a Daniel defense front fixed sight and a standard utg flip up rear. No problems hitting what I was aiming for at 60 yards. Haven't tried much passed that. The set up cost me about 70 bucks, most of which was on the dd front

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want to put the front sight on the gas block, you'll need a sight designed to be placed on the gas block and not a quad rail.

They are typically metal or steel rather than polymer. That way it can stand up to the heat produced by the gas block. Usually aren't too much higher than the polymer ones that are designed for the rail.

I've seen them in local shops and online.

Usually, they will state that they are specific for being placed onto the gas block. I guess, they are usually a little taller too, due the gas block being slightly lower than your top rail.

The polymer one probably wont melt during 20 or 30 round shooting sessions, but you'll probably shoot a little high because your front sight will be just a tad lower than the rear sight.

I'm by no means an expert and am new to the AR world. But, the good folks here on this forum just assisted me with this same matter a month or so ago.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have a same plane gas block, so get a sight made for that purpose. Be careful if you are looking for a front sight... HAS TO SAY SAME PLANE and not gas block height.

·
Registered
33 Posts
grichardt said:
You have a same plane gas block, so get a sight made for that purpose. Be careful if you are looking for a front sight... HAS TO SAY SAME PLANE and not gas block height.
Looks like you are right, please disregard the height part of my message.

I should have looked at the picture better. Sorry guys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.