Iron sight help

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by spittinfire, Jul 9, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My build so almost coming to an end. My upper should be arriving today which means I need some sights. Eventually this thing will have a scope of sorts but for the moment I need to save some cash so I'm putting iron sights on. The upper I got is a DPMS Bull 20. Anyone know of some decent sights at a reasonable price? Anyone got some they want to unload? Thanks.

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

3. spittinfire

I like the flip ups too. Thanks for the links, I'll let you know what I end up with.

4. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Magpul MBus. Good and inexpensive

5. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

x2
    I've got the rear MBus, I think it works great, and its hard to beat the price.

6. spittinfire

I've been eyeing them but I have a hard time going with plastic.....I would really like some good flip up sights that I could leave on and add a scope later but once you but the nice sights you've spent what it would cost to buy a scope and rings. Plus, my wife isn't real excited about me making any more gun purchases at the moment. Something about her wanting a house....;)

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

HOUSE, isn't that a medical TV series?

Buy the damn sights, don't you have a personal gun sock that has cash bucks saved for this special occasion?

A PayPal account, albeit a tad expensive, is a great money supply with your very own debit card.

Damn kids, got to teach them everything! [​IMG]

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

:D I made the mistake of opening my own account at the bank my wife worked for at the time. Needless to say she found out. I still have one however.

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The ejection molded MBus will hold up to anything you can throw at it or throw it at and for half the price of most metal flip up sights. I have them on all my ARs and all the ones to come. The gen 1 MBus fit under my scope and the gen 2s coming out this fall will be even more low profile.

10. spittinfire

How do you think I got the upper there old man? My paypal account is low at the moment and I need something to shoot this piece. Unless you're going to tell me to just look down the barrel.