IRC or MIRC

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Eturnsdale, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Im sorry if this has been brought up before, but its something that Ive always liked when they were an option.

Would there be any interest in setting up IRC or MRC chat? I know that a lot of mods and admins out there are reluctant because they have heard of the spamming problems. But honestly with the software now a days that really isnt an issue. You can get good chat clients that drive directly into the forum software really cheap and in some cases completely free that allow mods and admins to fully moderate the chat server just like they do threads in their forums.

Obviously I would like to see it, but wouldn't raise a stink and bug the heck outta you guys if it never showed up.

Thanks for your time, and if anyone has questions about setting it up shoot me a PM and Ill send ya in the right direction.

2. opaww

opaww New Member

The forum had a mirc at one time but no one used it.

3. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

4. opaww

opaww New Member

5. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

A real time chat could probably be added to this forum, a lot of forums out there have them.

6. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

Yeah, that's what Im talking about. But just like a chat box, or any other type of chat, its like having a conversation in a thread if people arent in there at the same time. But this forum seems to have enough members to have people in there most hours of the day.

7. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

The issue with chat is it's difficult to moderate, and it does not retain information.

I've tried it before sites and it always ends poorly.

8. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

How long has FTF been up and running?

9. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

There are chat softwares out there that retain information and you have full rights to moderate. Just like a forum. And for those that do not retain information, all needs done is for the complaining member to take a scree shot of the offending material and PM it to a mod. Simple and easy.