Iphone case suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Jun 14, 2012.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

I am about to joint the masses and get an iphone; it will actually cost me less per month than my current phone. I will miss the sliding keyboard.

When she bought a iphone, I bought my sister a otterbox for it. I like the otterbox "defender", but i wonder about stuff getting between the screen of the case and the screen of the phone and causing scratches. I like the look of their "commuter" cases, but i wonder how protective they are. Otterbox also has some "reflex" series cases that use air cushioning, but i don't know anybody with one.

Any input on iphone cases? The price limit is $50, but i would rather keep it about $25.

2. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

I've had my IPhone in an Otterbox Defender since I got it 3 years ago. I take it out and check to see if it got wet or dust in case a couple times a year. According to my son it still looks brand new and I drop it a lot a few times in puddles.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I literally threw my iPhone and it stuck in the wall. Had an otterbox on it. It was fine.

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Magpul iphone case.. kinda cool IMO. Too bad i aint an iphone user.

5. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

I have the defender series otter box phone still looks brand new have dropped it tons and no problems

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont like the plastic screen protecter on the otterbox, dust and crap gets behind it. I just cut the plastic out.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

I wondered about that.

My current touch screen phone has a clear sticker over the screen to protect it and no case.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ya that plastic screen piece is just a nuisance, just cut it out and your good to go

9. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I heard Iphones fit quite well in garbage cans :D

Drooooiiid

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Otterbox... I accidentally threw mine into a wall when I learned I couldn't walk up stairs and text.

With stuff getting between the cover and screen, I've taken mine apart twice in almost two years to clean it out.. no big deal.

11. Unashamedlaborer

Unashamedlaborer New Member

I've tried tons of them. My work is extremely rugged and I've found that the best case if you really want to protect it is the griffin survivor. My co workers I phone took a spill from 30ft onto concrete and didn't skip a beat. Mine has fallen into about a foot of water briefly. Its still alive and well. The inner box is very well sealed and most all of the dust just collects between the plastic enclosure and the rubber outer case. What I like about it more than the otter box is that it is sealed up. All of the ports seal tight so you don't get dust in the charge port, headphone jack, camera etc. they can be had on eBay for about $30. Typing is a little challenging at first but you get used to it.

12. GLKmiester

GLKmiester New Member

I tried all kinds of cases for my phone. The defender, the lifeproof, and others. I returned them all and ordered a magpul case. I've dropped my phone countless times and it is fine.

I work construction and the defender allowed dust into the case and scratched the metal sides. The lifeproof didn't allow dust in but the screen protector was horrible.

In the end using the magpul case with some front and back screen protectors added has served me well.

13. MrWray

MrWray New Member

And the magpul case is only $10

14. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

My fiancée has the Magpul Executive case, and I have the standard Magpul case, I've dropped my iPhone off our balcony smack dab onto the driveway below, not a scratch/dent or crack. Honestly the best way to go, IMO, is a Magpul or Oakley case (their 3G/3GS O-Matter case is/was AMAZING!!), and a ZAGG Invisible Shield screen protector. Great thing about the screen protector, if for some reason it gets messed up or you have to take it off because you got a new phone, contact them and they'll send you a new one at no extra cost except for S&H. You're looking at roughly $10 for the case, and $30-$35 for the screen protector, well worth it if you ask me. Hope it helps ya out in your decision making.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

I will have to check out this magpul case.

16. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

If it helps make up your mind, they do offer the case in hot pink, I'm just saying lol