iPhone 4S or another gun?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by paulbrower, Oct 4, 2011.

1. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

Sorry guys, but gonna be the new iPhone 4S. My wife wants my 4.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

2. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Bad move, guy! If you give in to the wife first, she gets what she wants and you get nothing. You have to negotiate these things! You start with the phrase, "Let me get my Springfield XDm while it's on sale, and I'll get your phone next month." That way everyone gets what they want and you don't just lose out-of-hand. Win-Win!

3. DCS

DCS New Member

I don't think they brought anything that good to the table with the 4s. Plus the iPhone I'd just going to be outdated in another year. Buy her a idlers iPhone 4 save $300, be part way towards your gun.

Just my thoughts though :)

4. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, not sure that "S" added to the end is going to be worth the $300 difference in price to the plain 4 that will drop to $99. The features they added just don't do it for me.

5. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Get another 4
    Plus an XD :)

6. burnsoft

burnsoft New Member

Remember electronics depreciate while firearms gain value. Plus 10,even 2, years down the road which one will you still have?

7. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

I've got 5 guns, and two iPhones. Sorry, I'm a tech geek, so I have to get it. Besides, my wife also gets an upgrade from a 3GS to a 4, so this is a win win.

8. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

With all the 'posted from my iPhone / iPad' messages in this forum, everyone should understand!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

if your gonna shoot the iphone i say go for it. otherwise waste of money :D

10. burnsoft

burnsoft New Member

I think there's an app for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
  11. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Funny how people will pay ridiculous money for a phone and then pay in the hundreds per month for the ability to use that same phone. Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I get by with a Tracfone that cost me $10 3 years ago and a $20 phone card every three months. I don't really like to talk on the phone and don't feel the need to be connected every minute of the day. I'm in my mid-30s and I might as well be 100 for the way people look at me when I go off on a cellphone rant.

On the plus side, the money that I don't spend on a cellphone and plan has bought me 16 guns this year and more knives than I care to count. Like I tell my wife, who also has an old Tracfone, I would rather have the toys and land than pay for a stupid phone.

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

It's a phone! It'll be obsolete in a month. A gun is good for your lifetime.

13. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Quoted for truth....[​IMG]

14. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I was a iPhone user for 2 years. I went with Droid this last time. Will never go back to iPhone. Droid rules.

15. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dude...on this forum you have to ask? :rolleyes:

16. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Totally agree. C'mon Paul, being a techie you know the drill. I always stay a few generations behind when it's coming out of my pocket. My 'new' phone is an iPhone 3GS... paid $0.00 for it. I'd buy a gun. :cool:

17. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

In my line of work I have to have a phone, and internet, at all times. So...I paid the plans and had the phones. Spent thousands a year. Then I got one of those Driod phones from Boost and spend fifty bucks a month on an unlimited plan.
    Saves a fortune. I will not go back to a contract plan.

18. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

GUN , that phone will only last a short time before you wish you could shoot it with the gun you did not buy . And driving while field stripping is much more fun than driving and talking .
    You can call 911 for help with your phone but I find the gun is a bit quicker and more effective . Shoot first ask questions later .

19. swissk31

swissk31 New Member

I would buy another gun. This new iPhone doesn't have very many new things to make me want to upgrade from my iPhone 4. I'll just wait another year and see what comes out.

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I agree!

I did a slight cost factor for one of these smart phones and after seeing the monthly bill of $95.00 is why people pay that price tag!

I too have a tracfone, added 400 minutes and they were doubled last year, still have 700 hundred remaining. My last tracfone died and this is a replacement. The wife has one as well.