IO INC AKs

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by CaseyChadwell, Jul 11, 2010.

1. CaseyChadwell

CaseyChadwell New Member

Can anyone tell me anything about the IO Inc Aks that are made in North Carolina? I am wanting something for shooting hogs and an AK is what I have decided on. I was looking for something that is going to be reliable and accurate (as accurate as an AK can be). I have been doing some looking and have narrowed my choices to an IO Inc AK and a Saiga that I would convert. I know what the Saigas are capable of, but not the IO Inc. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge about the IO Inc?

Is there a company that makes 10 round magazines for the AK so I could deer hunt with it if I want to?

Thanks everyone.

2. IDVague

IDVague New Member

Do you know what the retail pricing is for the AK's?

3. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

For your first AK, why not compare it to an economical, sturdy, reliable builder's rifles in cost, cosmetics and function.

Century Arms has been manufacturing AK-47s for decades on U.S. made receivers, barrels and various other American made parts. There are many that knock Century, but I've owned and shot many and never got a "problem" rifle.

Look around:

J&G Sales

Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories

AIM Surplus Home

Different guns, many options. Find what you want! :)

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I agree w/ Diggs. Don't sell Century arms short. I have a couple rifles from IO. They are very nice indeed, but not any better than my century rifles.