Firearms Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so as a new FFL I'm getting ready to throw a couple bills on my first small order. I did a couple special orders and now I'm looking to stock a few firearms and see how it goes. Mind you I am a home based FFL, so I'm looking for some reasonable fast movers and I'll put my personal feeling aside and purchase a glock or two but just looking for some suggestions. There are no Shields or XDS's available. READY GO! :D

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Anything .22 they are making and moving lots of different 22s. They almost always sell

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I agree with the .22LR being a good choice & maybe .380s. I shop Davidson's on a regular basis & being a Bersa fan, have noticed when they get a fresh shipment in the .380s out number the larger calibers 10 to 1 & they don't last long. If you haven't already done so, check out your local gun stores & see what's moving. The one I visit on a regular basis has been real slow here lately & their owner tells me the 3 summer months are his slow time of the year, but the smaller caliber handguns seem to have the most turn over.

One I have asked about & they say they are hard to keep on hand is P238 Sig. But, you may have to buy direct from Sig to be able to get a good price & I imagine Sig Sauer has a 'minimum' order volume to get set up as a direct dealer. I saw (2) P238s in Academy & 3 days later they were both gone.

P.S. Check out what is required to become a dealer for Davidson's Gallery Of Guns & be listed as a quoting dealer on their "Gun Genie". You have the advantage of their huge inventory to quote from. When a person accepts your quote, they pay a deposit by credit card, Davidson's sends you a check for that amount along with the firearm & you collect the balance when the customer picks it up.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I can get the 238's from MGE at a decent price and was going to pick up one or two, I've heard the same with summer being the slow months due to vacations, etc but I'm gearing up for the pre election rush :D I'll throw some .22 pistols on the order. I had a few 10/22 but didn't consider the pistols. Thanks for the ideas gents.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
You can't go wrong with the 380's they have been fast movers everywhere with the huge ccw push in the last couple years.. I would get one or two LCPs as much as i don't like mine many many people do. Also can't hurt to have a few holsters hanging around.

The p238 is a great pistol and I love mine but they are at a higher price point. With this economy there are a lot of budget shoppers out there. I don't wanna say cheap but people are always looking for value. just my $.02

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
A couple of the lower priced (but still good quality) ARs might be a good idea. Everyone is wanting one right now, so it should be an easy sell.
I'd also look into Rock Island, and High Standard 1911s. I don't know exactly how well they are selling right now, but they are good quality guns (mrwray swears by the high standard :D) at a pretty good price.
As for the .22 pistol, I'd go with a Ruger Mark III, but that's just me.
Picking up a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500 might be a good idea too.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head. ;)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A couple of the lower priced (but still good quality) ARs might be a good idea. Everyone is wanting one right now, so it should be an easy sell.
I'd also look into Rock Island, and High Standard 1911s. I don't know exactly how well they are selling right now, but they are good quality guns (mrwray swears by the high standard :D) at a pretty good price.
As for the .22 pistol, I'd go with a Ruger Mark III, but that's just me.
Picking up a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500 might be a good idea too.

Just a couple ideas off the top of my head. ;)

Yeah I have an RIA in stock right now. 75 of them literally lasted 5 mins when the distributor posted them, ARs are back ordered for the most part or allocated and so are HS1911's and being a small guy I don't get the allocations right off the bat. Ahh the joys of starting from under the rock :D btw how's your AR build coming along Aaron? or did the Cruiser distract you?...lol

·
Banned
10,243 Posts
Yeah I have an RIA in stock right now. 75 of them literally lasted 5 mins when the distributor posted them, ARs are back ordered for the most part or allocated and so are HS1911's and being a small guy I don't get the allocations right off the bat. Ahh the joys of starting from under the rock :D btw how's your AR build coming along Aaron? or did the Cruiser distract you?...lol
I'm still working on it. I've got a few projects to do right now that may get me closer to a finished gun. I'll probably go with the stock next, then move on to the upper. After that, all I'll need is the BCG, a good sight, and a ton of ammo. :D

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
One thing to watch is what you transfer for people.

AR styled rifles are hot (.22lr, .308). Kel-Tec, Diamond Back, or other small 9mm pistols seem to be good sellers.

And, of course, the 1911 and Glocks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts