Firearms Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

after looking around at multiple different forums ive decided to join FirearmsTALK.. the categories are many and i feel that there is plenty of knowledge to be utilized. i have recently moved from a small town to a large wild city; younger i enjoyed shooting firearms with my neighbor and his father.. until now i never thought that i personally would "need" to own a firearm, but after waking up every morning and watching on the news what had happened overnight, i realized that i need more protection then just my knife and my fists. im not really an aggressive individual by any means, its just the violent nature that can come from desperate people that make me think its time for some backup.

thank you for having me aboard

Sincerely, Collin D. (Moment-of-Inert)

·
Banned
6,964 Posts
Welcome aboard. There are discussions on home defense and personal defense -- have a look around and feel free to comment or ask questions.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Welcome and look forward to your posts!

·
Registered
909 Posts
welcome and enjoy your stay
i hope you learn lots

:D

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - After reading your post, I felt I should mention that we don't have too many members here, well that I can think of, that are looking to get in the Gunfight at the OK Corral. It is an unfortunate by product of our society today that has most of us arming ourselves to take care of what we have earned on our own, and the family we love and hold dear.

I hope you get some good information from this site and can take from it what you need ot keep you and yours safe.

JD

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome to the Forum - After reading your post, I felt I should mention that we don't have too many members here, well that I can think of, that are looking to get in the Gunfight at the OK Corral. It is an unfortunate by product of our society today that has most of us arming ourselves to take care of what we have earned on our own, and the family we love and hold dear.

I hope you get some good information from this site and can take from it what you need ot keep you and yours safe.

JD
Hes right in every aspect none of us are looking for a fight. We just want to be ready when and if a fight happens. Good luck and be safe. Hope to hear more from you soon

·
Registered
578 Posts
Welcome and just remember with Great Power "A Gun" comes Great Responsibility and a gun literally gives you the power of life and death in a single instant whether you want it or not .

Be it personal or home defense only a fool reaches for his last resort first , there many other things to consider before the gun such as being aware of your surroundings and avoiding known high crime places whenever you can to the simplest of things as locking your doors and windows at home to keep you safe .

Criminals are creatures of opportunity as a general rule so remember if you don't give them the opportunity in the first place they usually wont chance a strike .

Like someone once said to me years ago "if they had the fortitude for a hard days work they wouldn't be thieving scum in the first place" .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks to everyone for the warm and wise greetings..

i have recently, over the past two days, put a few hundred dollars down on a handgun; a Beretta 96 INOX .40 cal.. i was in the market for a Ruger or Smith & Wesson, but after stopping by a local firearms dealer i fell in love. I did some "moderate" research online then headed back to seal the deal.

now to find some more info and tips on my soon-to-be first handgun.:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Now concentrate on making that handgun an integral and important part of your everyday life. Merely having it may give false sense of security; intent and ability to use it quickly and decisively, should the time come, is most important.

We all hope the time never comes, but.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts