Introduction and first build

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by buffalolake, Jun 1, 2012.

1. buffalolake

buffalolake New Member

I've been lurking here for a while now, and decided that it was time to join the group. My friends call me Buffalo, I am in my mid 40's and have been shooting iron sighted single shot rifles and shotguns off and on since about age 12. For Christmas last year, I bought my son a S&W 15-22. I had so much fun shooting it with him, that I decided that I needed one of my own. I started researching and lurking around, and decided that I wanted one with a .223 Wylde chamber, 1/8 twist, and a quad rail system. I looked around for a little while, and couldn't find one that I liked. So finally decided to build the one that I wanted. I ordered a PSA rifle kit with the 16"SS .223 Wylde barrel, YHM diamond quad rail, and PSA LPK. I picked up a carry handle rear site, J&P yellow spring set, and Tacstar grip set. I wanted a Spikes Zombie lower, but as those are so hard to find, I settled on a DPMS. I love the way that this thing shoots. I have put about 250 through it so far without a hiccup. Last week I picked up an Alexander Arms .50 cal Beowulf upper to go with it. I've only put a few rounds through the .50 cal, that thing will put a 3/4" hole in a steel wheel rim.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is the wheel rim with 3-5.56 and 2- .50 Beowulf holes
    [​IMG]

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Niiiiiiice sticks man! Gratz! How much does that .50 cal kick?

3. buffalolake

buffalolake New Member

It's not too bad. It kicks a little less than a 12 guage.

4. Todd_

Todd_ New Member

Aaaaaaannnddddd

I think our new member here might have just sold me on a LARGE bore upper for my rifle. Damn, I was just getting settled in to putting money in the Jeep.

Those are some nice lookin guns there man, welcome to the forum!

5. Tenderribbs

Tenderribbs New Member

That's a beautiful weapon . I like the Yankee hill guards

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Nice rifles! The front sights look backwards but it shouldn't matter and looks good (different).

7. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

Sweet rifles!!! Very well done.

8. buffalolake

buffalolake New Member

They are backwards, I just liked them better with the angle toward the front.

9. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

They look great. I have been thinking about getting a .50 upper. But too poor right now.

Then for me there would be no other practical reason to have one..... Other than to SHOOT IT...... LOL