Internet buying

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by twitch, Aug 23, 2013.

1. twitch

twitch New Member

Where's the best site for buying used firearms,I know there's classifieds here,but just wondering about any other trustworthy sites.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's not so much the site you have to worry about as it is more the individual seller.

3. string1946

string1946 New Member

I have bought quite a few guns off gunbroker and never had a problem. Have window shopped at gunsamerica but never bought anything there. I live in Georgia and we have a free outdoor magazine called Georgia Outdoor News. They have a marketplace section on their site and I like to shop there because most everything on there is close enough I can go meet the seller and pick up the gun myself. www.gon.com/marketplace/

4. twitch

twitch New Member

That's cool,the other issue I have is having an idea of what stuff is worth and i know that comes with time and experience,with the gov doin what it's doin makes it even tougher.at 53 you'd think I'd have an idea but not so much.

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Assuming you're talking guns. If it is bought from a supplier you know what you paid for it and can figure what you can sell it for from there. If it is a gun someone is selling to you, you can go on an auction site and see what people are paying for them.
    It's not hard.

6. string1946

string1946 New Member

Also you have to keep in mind that if you buy off the internet your going to have to figure in the cost of shipping which usually is $20/$40 plus unless you have a FFL your going to have to pay a local dealer which will be around $25. Also I can only speak for my dealer but he won't except a firearm from anyone but another FFL holder.