Interior Decorating: Liberty Style!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BigByrd47119, Dec 16, 2011.

1. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Hello everyone!

Well, I have come to that point in my life where I am preparing to buy my first house! Yay!

Anyway, I have convinced the fiancee that we should do a liberty/revolutionary era room. We are looking at a blank slate and I was hoping to get some inspiration from the members of the forum. Do you have a room in your house that's somewhat similar?

Currently all I have are just a few things to hang on the wall (a plaque which memorializes the Liberty Bell and a painting of George Washington in Valley Forge).

Discuss!:cool:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Get a cannon for the living room. Everyone needs a cannon in their living room.

3. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest a rifle on the wall, but thats wayyy better....

4. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Cannon, check!

:cool:

Attached Files:

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

psshhh, the cannon I keep in my pants is bigger than that!! Man up son!!

6. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

:eek:

So I'm thinking a powder horn and satchel, some form of flint lock replica from the period...anything else I should consider? I'd really like to get a reproduction print of the Constitution and have it framed along with the Declaration of Independence, a period American flag would be nice too...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hey, sorry that was a bit overboard :(

I love the idea of repro print of the constitution, that would be awesome!

8. fmj

fmj Active Member

thats a sweeet rock lock!!

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

How about a few period maps?

10. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

Good idea!

(I just really enjoy posting pictures of this stuff!)

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would make it a library if it were me. I have numerous books that would fit right in with the theme.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

don't forget the colonial style furniture and a big betsy ross flag fot the wall. :D

13. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

That's a good idea and something that I have already considered. The only problem with this is that it will take a substantial amount of time to create a substantial collection. Unless of course your looking to make donations!:cool:

Colonial style furniture for sure, but I am on a budget so that part will probably take some time to collect. As for the flag, it was discussed earlier and is definitely something I want to do. A period flag (reproduction of course) made from wool would just be the cats meow!

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would make provisions for it by building bookshelves. They can be filled over time. I have built my collection over my lifetime, mainly from used bookstores library old stock sales, garage sales, estate sales and that sort of thing. The older the edition the better for me. I very rarely lend them out because in the past when I have they tend not to come back.

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

A library of real books would be a great asset in a SHTF ($hit Hits The Fan) situation. People need stuff to read, to learn from, etc. Books would be worth their weight in gold.

16. ElGuapo

ElGuapo New Member

How about a Thunder Mug? (chamber pot). Or no electric lights or running water? Or no refridgerated food or telephone or internet or cell phones or cars?

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

That wouldn't be hard at all to apply to a single room. I have no running water in either bedroom or living room. Come to think of it, I don't bring my truck inside either.

18. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I like that idea. (for a single room). Insted of lights, you can use candles or kerosene lamps. A don't tread on me flag would be cool too.

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The OP was saying it would be "Liberty Style". That does not preclude the use of modern conveniences. Besides, if it were to be a "Revolutionary War Style" he would have to use whale oil lamps and just where the Hell do you get whale oil these days? Japan? Kerosene was not used as a lamp oil until the mid 1800's.

Don't mock the OP. He has a good idea.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

I don't think texas meant to be mocking. I for one was mocking the mocker in the post above mine.

I think primitive lighting would be very cool in a revolutionary era themed room.