interesting varmint kills/stories

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Marlinman, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Since im asking this i have a few i want to share/kick this off.

First one was at about 12pm cst 12-7-11. It was at 300 yards with a 125 grain 7mm mag

Second one was at about 2 pm cst 12-3-11 by my fiancees little cousin with my mini 14 at 100 yards

p_00214wert.jpg

p_002148l.jpg

2. Buckeyeborn

Buckeyeborn New Member

Isn't 7mm overkill on an armidillo?

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

Overkill? What's overkill?

4. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

It was all that was in the truck besides my 22 mag. Usually i have a DD 223 or my mini 14 in there but deer season just ended and i just got back last week from a pig hunt. But yes it might be;)

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Both of those are nice shots.

What's overkill? It looks like that 7mm had just the right amount of kill in it.:D

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Well it did blow him about 6' from where it hit him.

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Nothin better than flying armadillos.:eek::D

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Ya usually they jump straight UP about 3 feet or higher. This one had "motivation" to jump about 2" up then "fly" the 6'

9. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Mmm. So who's hungry!?

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

10. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Not me. I also know that you wouldnt want to eat THAT one in particular since the bullet went in at the base of the tail between two of the bands.

11. peters923

peters923 New Member

Looking for cows one day, the kid says "dad...stop, there's a huge p-dog!"
    So I stop and let him give 'em hell. He shoots and says he got him. Lets go see. It was a twofer. I've never done that....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  12. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Thats some great fun

13. sniper762

sniper762 New Member

In 1999, I attended a four week truck driving school in Ashville, NC. A few of my fellow students and I drove about 10 miles out in the country and found a farm that had a lot of groundhogs on it. On the weekend we would go there and shoot groundhogs from a picnic table in a man’s yard (McElreath), that lived on top of a small mountain overlooking a valley. We shot several from distances of 300 and 500 yards. We took them back to the school and cooked them and ate them.

14. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I found the head here in nw Ohio. If you want it back you owe me postage.

15. primer1

Looks like a happy kid with bragging rights. I did that with little raccoons in my grandmas bird feeder, but only at 10 yards. Still memorable.

16. primer1

Never tried them, but everybody I've talked to that has says you can't beat a young one roasted with taters carrots and onions. Maybe I'll work on my head shots so its a roast instead of burger :D

17. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Na that was probably a coyote head after shootin a yote in the neck w my warbird;) there wasnt enough pieces of that dillars head to write home about....other than the big splinters shown that is.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

18. 7mmstw

7mmstw New Member

image-2904159895.jpg

The 22-250 still has plenty of punch at 400 yards with Hornady vmax loads!

19. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes they do;)

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

20. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

I remember one time when I was very young ...........

I had a Walker hound coon dog that was chained up to a post. There was one squirrel that would always try to piss him off. Everyday the squirrel would stand far enough to where the dog couldn't reach him and wiggle around it's tail, for a long time. He would just howl and howl. After a while the dog started getting loose from the tree and would tree the squirrel while the squirrel stood in the tree stareing at my hound and wiggling it's tale. It started to get really annoying. So one day my dad got real pissed about it and went and grabbed his Savage 22 rifle. He handed me the rifle and told me to go shoot it. I was around 10 or 11 at the time. So I shot him down. The bullet entered it's neck and angled to it's skull. Then I let my coon dog have some fun with him. :)