interesting though about body in SHTF...

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by 94browninghunt, May 24, 2012.

1. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

I was studying biochemistry today...talked about appendix and all that good stuff. Lead me to think about prehistoric humans, their everyday life would be Super SHTF for us. So most of us are thinking we'd need a six pack body, able to run 100 meters, or a mile, and be completely fit. Which in turn means you will have no fat reserves. Looking back our ancestors were fat and stocky= go on for a few days without food.
    [​IMG]

That^^^ is better than this:

[​IMG]

^(anyone who dk him, thats justin beber...worst singer ever)

2. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Good,, my ancestors would be very proud of me then.. lmao

3. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

If you think about the local street people, they are also living in a post apocalyptic SHTF scenario as well.

Whatever happened to them in their lives, loss of jobs, loss of homes, too much debt, too much alcohol, too much drugs, born mentally ill, or whatever, modern society does not have any practical room for them anywhere, and so modern society simply does not exist for them anymore.

I think about them all the time because they are all over downtown panhandling around the office buildings where I work.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Looks like I was wrong. Even with all my skill my girl will have a better chance of survival. Damn,I was planning on eating her. Lol

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

lmao......

6. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Everyone's going to have an opinion on this one and mine is that some body fat is a good thing no matter what. A few years ago my gail bladder quit working. I dropped 40 lbs in 1 1/2 months because I couldn't keep food down (starvation). I am very thankful that I had some extra pounds to loose. I've often wondered how that would've turned out if I hadn't had a few extra pounds of body fat? That does't mean one shouldn't still be in good shape though. :)

7. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Exactly, everyone knows in zombieland the first rule is cardio, and the fatties go first. That means I'm screwed. Lol

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

right up until 1900's if someone was skinny it meant they were poor and undesirable, in other words ugly. skinny being pretty is really only a modern thing. the super models of today would be mocked and ridiculed for their hideousness a century ago...

historically fat was a sign of success in life and a very desirable thing to be. it meant you had a very good job and was successful in life

9. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

If SHTF it is the skinny ones who will die off first.

That's what happened in WW2 Europe and Asia when the embargoes and the war production took over. Especially in Japan and Germany.

Each 1/2 lb of body fat is a day's worth of energy. That's a day that a skinny person, male or female, does not have.

10. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

What a Great Day!

I've just learned a) I'm gorgeous and b) I'm gonna live forever!!!

Seriously tho, skinny people get sick and die early in emergency situations. Sorry. Now, foreheads -- what girl we'd call an egghead today were considered beauties before the time round-women were.

Attached Files:

11. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Damn her forehead looks like a helicopter windshield. Hell that's no forehead that's a fivehead.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Well its kinda common knowledge, whenever your body doesnt receive nourishment, it feeds on the fat. Then once the fat has been processed, then your body starts processing the muscle. The more fat percentage a body has, the longer the person can go without food.

I guess that will make me high maintenance, at 5'8 160lbs with 5% body fat, im gonna have to make sure i keep food in range.

But i guarantee you that i will be just fine

13. TLuker

TLuker New Member

There's a reason she was called the "Virgin Queen"! :D

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Look at TLuker with the Tudor Family Flash Cards!!!

Daddy woulda survived anything...

Attached Files:

15. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Tanned or dark skin as well....sign of a poor laborer.

16. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

We do??:eek:....I never called a girl an egghead in my whole life....and I've never heard anyone else call a girl an egghead :confused:....round-women lol!! that's another one that I've never heard of!......I've lost touch :rolleyes:

17. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

i find that to be bs myself im 6 foot 4 only 180 pounds o ya im very tan cuz i work out in the sun i rarly ever get sick maybe once in the past 4 years kinda hog wash out ansestors were not belgering fatA@@es thats alright ill take my lean muscel over extra fat anythang

18. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

When food gets scarce and your body starts to eat its self, the skinny ones will feel the effects first. Your body starts off with the fat reserves then muscle your immune system breaks down, then illness and death, if food can't be obtained (may not be in proper order just guessing) the plumper people will be able to last longer to search for food supply,(unless there eaten by the skinny people) my what a tangled web we weave.

19. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

No our ancestors were definitely not fat asses...they had a higer muscle to fat ratio, but their muscle had a thick padding of fat.

20. fmj

fmj New Member

Please remember that a higher percentage of body fat leads to disease as well, High blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes etc.