interesting morning

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainman13, Aug 10, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I hit the range this morning to give some of the engineers some more handgun practice as some of you know. It turned out to be a rather interesting morning. My buddy (their superior) got stuck at the armory. His wife brought up her mother. The guys were about an hour late (hurry up and wait). It was his wife's first time shooting and her mother's first time with a handgun. I started them at tactical range with the s&w .22 with reflex site. I showed them operation and explained basic safety and took a few shots so they would know what to expect (standard procedure). They both did well with handling and shot decently. I then moved them to the wealthier p22 just so they could try something with standard sights. They did well again. Moved them onto the glock 19 which made them a bit nervous and aside from 1 trigger warning they did very well. It then downpoured on us and we took a short rain break. The guys finally showed up and I started them with the glock 19. They all shot great and have clearly been well trained. Moved them over to the m&p compact and again they did great. Pushed the target out to 25 yards and let them freely pick between the two. It was nice not having to babysit for once. They all did so well I decided to give them all a treat and let them shoot the glock 20. They all had a blast and shot very well. I got a good laugh when the E5 made the grunts pick up all the brass. Lol
    It was a great time I think they will do well at the upcoming competition and two of them will likely be joining the club. Can't wait to see them around.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thats cool! Great story and awesome of you to volunteer your time. :)

JD

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Hey its an honor and a pleasure. Good group of guys.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Sounds like a great day to me!

5. Rarity

Rarity New Member

You did a great job. It must have been a great day at the shooting range :)