Interesting info on my Weatherby

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by fireguy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. fireguy

fireguy New Member

A guy posted last week on armslist looking for higher end over unders. I offered my Orion 20 ga. and didn't hear from him for a couple of days. Today he had questions about it that I didn't have answers to. For instance is it grade I, II, or III? I had to get the box out that I have saved since '89 to see what it had on it. It said Orion I.

I looked on Weatherby's website for info and found that my s/n prefix was manufactured 1990-2007, I have a receipt written on 11/11/89 for my low s/n GN prefix. The boat from Japan must have been faster than they figured on. Hopefully the guy will buy it and I'll have some play money for the summer. I shot trap with it once last year and other than that it has been unused for years. It's the prettiest thing I have in the safe, but it deserves to get shot and not just sit there.

2. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

I'll trade you my 870 for it :p

3. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I already have 3 pumps and an auto, no thanks for the trade. Need play money.

4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Wanna swap for a nice bolt action .410? :p

6. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Tell ya what fireguy. I will give you. MY single shot rossi 20ga and my 22. Neos for your weatherby sound fair ;)

7. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I think is y'all pool in with the 870, the fantastic bolt .410, the Rossi, and the Neos we might have something to talk about. I'll even throw in a box of shells since it might be a long drive over here.

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

What ya say c3 wanna share it :p