Interested in a Springfield EMP...

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Cash_Is_Clay, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Cash_Is_Clay

Cash_Is_Clay New Member

I'll be receiving my CCL in a couple of weeks and am interested in a small CCW. My current weapons consist of a Glock 23 .40 and a S&W 686 .357 4"...both a little large to conceal daily - year round.

I was convinced that an upgrade to a .45 would be the ultimate carry and am favoring the Kimber Ultra Carry II. However, looking at the availabilty and price of the .45 cartridge, I'm now putting the 9mm in the potential purchase.

Looking very strongly now at the Springfield EMP. Anyone with experience with either weapon...I'd love the feedback.

Thanks.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had one and it was very accurate and a great size. It was just a wee bit snappy with hollowpoint +P's. I sold it because I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

The EMP is hard to come by. It's very popular and very well made. If you can get your hands on one, you won't find a better 9mm.

4. MrBrent

MrBrent New Member

+1 on that. I got one about two months ago and it was a fluke that I found one on the shelf. I love the little gun. I shoots great. It actually works better with a more snappy round. I plan to use it as my primary carry pistol.

5. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

I own an Ultra Carry II and love it. I've had no problems with it, it's comfortable to carry and is in the caliber that I prefer to carry. I did however, just find and put on layaway a SA EMP brand new and sitting on a shelf at Cabela's last Friday. I won't carry a 9, but I'll buy 'em and shoot em, and this little package has always intrigued me since they came out. I wish it would have been the .40, but beggars can't be choosers. Everyone I've talked to that owns one really likes them and is impressed with them. Sounded like the thing do by locking it in.
    Good luck!
    Sarge