Interarms Va Dragoon .44

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by stick_man, May 20, 2011.

1. stick_man

stick_man New Member

I have an opportunity to pick up an Interarms Virginian Dragoon in .44mag with a 6" barrell that was made around 1977. Anybody had any experience with these? I used to have one in .357 and have somewhat regretted getting rid of it.

How well do they hold up to the heavy loads? I am thinking of it for hunting with and shooting primarily heavy cast bullets.

Thanks for any input.

2. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

I have a .44 mag that I hunt with. While its not the best thing on the market it serves its purpose very well. I have taken a couple deer with mine with handlaods that are moderatly hot. I see no reason given the riflings that you couldn't shoot cast loads. Cast loads generally are not as hot as copper jacket bullets anyway. I would say if its rasonable and you like it get it...but I say that with all firearms....lol

3. Wambli

Wambli Member

I had a friend years back that had one and I got to shoot it a few times. It seemed well made and beefy enough. While I don't think I would run super hot "Ruger" loads through one I don't see how moderate use of regular heavy hardcast loads would hurt.